Hey I am considering getting an amazon kindle machine, just one thing not clear to me. Are there different 'stores' for regions? I had heard that it was linked in to the amazon.com site?

Thanks..

Pete, what amazon do you use? I presume always the same one?

ie. always .com or always .co.uk

Or are you flitting between accounts?

Kindle can be registered to only 1 account at a time.

So choose one and that's it. No crossover. So I presume pete registered one amazon account and uses that all the time.

Thats good and the .com has the most books, but from time to time there are regional differences. You're just stuck then.

You can actually swap round I believe from .co.uk to .com and back, as long as you had the .com before you signed up for .co.uk.

It's like regional restrictions on DVDs and Blu Ray etc...... a complete pain in the arse.

Recently seen one for the first time... very impressed, more than I thought I would be actually. That screen really doesn't look like a screen, well like a screen as we know it anyway.

OK so now I have a kindle.

I like gadgets, I like reading, I like buying stuff... sue me!

Initial impressions - very cool. I have been able to download all my books I already bought onto it and indeed it is a nice size to read and the screen is fab. I got the leather cover with a light too. So this WILL be my mail reading device.

Galaxy Tab is being marginalised to a backup carnavi role. Poor thing. wink

thumbsup

Oh yes, I have both .com and .co.uk amazon accounts, both same login details. I have been able to switch back and forth between the two. Books downloaded when I'm in one get put onto the kindle while in both accounts. Can't be in both at the same time though - need to switch.

Not 100% ideal but painless.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Oh yes, I have both .com and .co.uk amazon accounts, both same login details. I have been able to switch back and forth between the two. Books downloaded when I'm in one get put onto the kindle while in both accounts. Can't be in both at the same time though - need to switch.

Not 100% ideal but painless.

Thats good to hear.

I'm interested in one of these.

Don't they get like mega-battery life or something due to once the "ink" being there it doesn't take any energy up. Or something. Perhaps you don't need to turn it fully off.

I worry though that if I buy I end up buying tons of books on impulse. Too easy!