The FOOTBALL Thread (2011-2012)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of a shame really to have the Mancurians meeting this early

Didn't Sky used to put on FA cup games or was it just the semis and the final or something?

At first i was all like... hahahahahahahaahahaha!!! then i was all like, "well, there goes the last remaining slither of interest anyone might have about the SPL! but then i thought about it again and

28th/29th January.

FA Cup fourth round draw in full:

Brighton or Wrexham v Newcastle

Sunderland v Middlesbrough

Dagenham & Redbridge or Millwall v Southampton

Hull City v Crawley

MK Dons or QPR v Chelsea

West Brom v Norwich

Blackpool v Sheffield Wednesday

Arsenal or Leeds v Aston Villa

Stevenage v Notts County

Watford v Tottenham

Liverpool v Manchester United

Derby v Stoke

Everton v Fulham

Macclesfield Town or Bolton v Swansea

Sheffield United v Birmingham or Wolves

Nottingham Forest or Leicester v Swindon

Wot no Wigan, you say?

We are saving concentrating on the PL to get that Champion Leagues spot.

:thumbsup:

Manchester United and Liverpool will hold peace talks over the next few weeks after being paired together in an FA Cup fourth-round draw that also throws up the possibility of John Terry's Chelsea playing at Queens Park Rangers only a few days before his court appearance for allegedly racially abusing Anton Ferdinand.

The draw will see United, who on Sunday knocked out the holders Manchester City in a dramatic and controversial 3-2 derby victory, go to Anfield at a time when the Luis Suárez affair has caused significant damage to the relationship between the two clubs and left Liverpool in a state of open conflict against the Football Association.

At the same time QPR, who announced on Sunday night that they had sacked Neil Warnock as manager, now know a win in their third‑round replay against MK Dons on 17 January will see them entertain Chelsea for the first time since Terry was charged with a racially aggravated public order offence over comments allegedly made to Ferdinand during the Premier League match at Loftus Road on 23 October. The fourth-round games will take place over the weekend of 28‑29 January, with Terry scheduled to appear before west London magistrates' court on 1 February.

Oh, the drama!

A comedy of errors last night, but it ended up much more entertaining than it promised at one stage.

Refs ignore loads of rules, foul throws, keepers moving on pens, players telling them to eff off, obstruction of keepers at corners, etc., so they could just as easily not robotically apply the two feet off the ground rule, especially when the consequences are a ridiculous ban. That's the second derby match this season its spoilt. Kevin Davies didn't have both feet off the ground when he crocked Cleverly, but it was a far more needless and dangerous challenge than Kompany's.

Gotta to love that draw though. Plenty of room for comedy to come.

Not quite sure. Just do not like him. Something to do with cocky and arrogant, and also being an Arsenal player I think. I'm sure there are other reasons I have forgotten.

Pretty much like most people with Man Ure players. ;)

Eric Cantona seeks support for shot at becoming next president of France

Former Manchester United striker has sent out letter to mayors to try to gather 500 signatures needed to run in this year's vote

Eric Cantona seeks support for shot at becoming next president of France

Former Manchester United striker has sent out letter to mayors to try to gather 500 signatures needed to run in this year's vote

If he does get elected, then they need to change the national anthem to "oh ah Cantona, I said oh ah Cantona!"

This weekend on Japanese telly

Saturday

Chelsea vs Sunderland, midnight

Liverpool vs Stoke, midnight

Man Utd vs Bolton, midnight

Sunday

Swansea vs Arsenal, 1am

Stupid day/time

Wigan vs Citeh

Come on Wigan!!! :banner: