Just curious as to what the average season pass is for the more popular places, like Shiga or Nozawa. I know they all will be different, but just curious as to what the average may be (or last seasons' cost).

Also, which one would you buy/have you purchased and was it worth it?

I may be looking to get a season pass for one place next season, but still check out other places once in a while. I'd probably be going only on the weekend, and maybe sometimes during the week...worth it?

Thanks in advance!

After a quick google search the season price came up on...non other than....this site! lol go figure, this site really has everything!

So forget the cost then...if you have used one or would get one which would it be? (not set on getting one, just looking for info)

Muika - I want to check out other places too, but I think most of the time I'll end up at/near the same place, lol

Unless it was dirt cheap I don't think I like one place enough to be tied into it, for want of a better expression, for a season. I like the variation.

But go on if I had to choose once place, it might be Centleisure Maiko in the Yuzawa/Minamiuonuma area.

I would like one that covers all of the resort in Hakuba and Otari.

Please.

Or, even better, one that covers all the resorts in Nagano, Niigata and Gunma. About 50,000 yen please. wink

Sort of tempted to get a Gran Deco pass, because that is where the kid always wants to go, plus it gives discounts at some other places for variety. Barely get out enough in a season to justify it, though it may provide an excuse itself -- wouldn't want to waste the money, after all. But the highway tolls going up may put the squeeze on anyway...

What to do, what to do.

I picked up a couple of season passes a few years back. One was 26000 yen at a Hatoriko, a smallish place, and the other was 50000 at Mt. Jeans. The one with Mt. Jeans also gave you 1000 yen day tickets at Grandeco and a few other resorts and free onsen on the way home.

I have never got one but been tempted by some in Hakuba.

I just wish they put out a wider one that could let you ski the valley, though I think that is just a dream that will never happen.

Originally Posted By: SKI
How much do they charge for a season pass there Metabo Oyaji?

I was looking at a family ticket, 57600 yen for one adult and one child if bought early. Besides covering Gran Deco, it also allows one to go to Mt. Jeans, Hunter Mtn. and some other Tokyu ski areas for 1,000 yen/person/day (2,000 for Niseko Grand Hirafu). Can also get Inawashiro tickets for 2,000 yen.

wasnt there a pass that covered something ridiculous like shiga, nozawa, and myoko (or was it happo), for 76000?

Theres also the JTB pass that was really good in 2009/2010 (i think it had nozawa, suginohara, iwatake and a few others on the same pass for about 39k). I remember seeing the 2010/11 and not liking it as much though.

Hmm, what else? The ikenotaira pass was CRAZY value when i had my big 4 at myoko... something like 12,000 if you get it early and with 4 other friends. And about 20,000 while the season was going on.

This year i learned that even over a 3 week period the 4 week grand hirafu pass ends up being a bad idea given that you end up skipping some of the best runs just because theyre on annupuri side.

Oh, and i think one of the best values for money HAS to be Moiwa if youre around that area. Its a few LOOOOONG rides for what is really just a quad lift ride smile

The season pass is what 25k early bird INCLUDING 6 free lunch tickets? If i end up in niseko again, its a pretty tempting offer. Of course it bases you outside of hirafu which might not appeal to many people without wheels.

Only a limited thing I think ippy.

12000 yen is super cheap. Don't know honestly if Ikenotaira is worth more than 3 visits in a season though - but for some I am sure it would be.

There's only a few places I would buy one for, unless it was really cheap.

One is Sugadaira as I go often and have many friends there.

The other is Shiga Kogen as it bears a lot of repeat.

Would be great if more groups of resorts could come up with something but I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon sadly.

I have seen some of these lots of resorts ticket offers before but they never seem to be a decent selection, almost random and not the bunch you want together.

Here's one I'd like please:

Kagura, Naeba, Maiko, Nozawa, Shiga Kogen, Myoko, Hakuba (all).

Onegai shimasu.