What did you want to be when you grew up?

Like before you got into double digits age.

And apart from being a train driver (of course)!

I was heading for the stars to be an astronaut.

It didn't work out.

sadface

Originally Posted By: brit-gob
Rock star. lol

In all honesty that was my big dream. I started guitar at eight and was on the road traveling around Canada and the States in a rock band at 18...

Found out it wasn't the life for me and I was out at 20.

A soldier.

Did that and had some life changing experiences (bad ones) and left the forces six years later. Kinda screws with your head that you have just done all that you ever wanted to do and your only 25 years old...

Since started to work in the photocopier industry and love every minute of it to be honest.

Under 13 I wanted to be a Ballerina.

Between 13 and 17 I wanted to be a Journalist (and actually scored a cadetship with our state newspaper at 16, which I passed up to do my leaving exams).

Strange last minute choice saw me with a Psychology Degree instead of heading down the Journo path.

God knows how I ended up an Interpreter. Too many alcoholic beverages perhaps?

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
I also thought about being a Journo and weirdly enough ended up doing Psychology at Uni.........never fancied being a Ballerina mind you lol
Really Tubby?
My brother did ballet with me for a while. Ballet and AFL - good combo! lol
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
I also thought about being a Journo and weirdly enough ended up doing Psychology at Uni.........never fancied being a Ballerina mind you lol
Really Tubby?
My brother did ballet with me for a while. Ballet and AFL - good combo! lol

yeah, straight up. In 1st year of high school I was seriously thinking about Journalism and thought it was my calling, I changed my mind by the end of school and studied Psychology instead

That was my first big goal in life when I was in nursery school, to be a train driver. After that, astronaut. Being a paramedic sounded cool for a while,too. (Influence of the TV show "Emergency!")

None of which I have yet become. So, lots yet left to live for.

kenny Dalglish, then Paul McStay, then an accountant, then a lawyer, then keith flint from the prodigy, and finally a philosophy professor. Thats exactly everything ive wanted to be and coincidentally a list of my heroic failures!

elementary school - teacher, junior high - pro skateboarder, high school - writer, university - travel writer... I haven't finished growing up yet though! There are still quite a few things I want to be... smile