Some friends and I are thinking of finishing the season with a naked top to bottom run, about 1000 meters. Does anyone have any experience of this? For example, would Ski Patrol be on our arses? (no pun intended). Is being naked in public an arrestable offence in Japan? My plan is to carry clothes in rucksacks for a fast change, if needed; just wear gloves and a helmet. I'm thinking tree runs would be too dangerous in terms of foliage whiplash, so it would be groomed and managed powder runs.

Thanks

Great Tripler

I have heard that ski patrol actually applaud this and they would also let you jump the q to ride the button lifts naked.

Seemore

Originally Posted By: seemore
Great Tripler

I have heard that ski patrol actually applaud this and they would also let you jump the q to ride the button lifts naked.

Seemore

Seriously? That's frigging rad!

If we do it I'll post a full trip report with pics. Hopefully there'll be a female amongst us, though I haven't asked her yet.

I think I mentioned here last year that in the Hakuba 2007-08 season the instructors of a well known Happo ski school are supposed to have done it. I don't know whether they wore gloves or helmets or took photos, but I believe it was a mixed group.
Originally Posted By: tripler
Originally Posted By: seemore
Great Tripler

Seemore

Seriously? That's frigging rad!

It's also surely taking the piss!
Originally Posted By: gnarly-dude
Tell us when you do it and if you get the female to go, I'll take some pics.

My friend asked her last night and she said yada! Probably didn't help him saying he'd film us. Emi-chan, if you're reading this, I want to DSYSB!
Originally Posted By: nagoid
Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board?

er, no, that would be DSSSB. The recognised acronym is DSHSB (dry smash her shit box), which I adapted to DSYSB (dry smash your shit box).

Anyway, we had a nice drink last night and I think things might get intimate, so maybe I'll be able to talk her round after all.
  • SnowJapan Admin
why is swearing censored on this board?

To help prevent the Forums from descending into some bad-vibed flame-fest thick with attitude.

There's literally just a very few words blocked.... since I can't remember when. And I can't really see any particular reason to change it.

I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of places on the interwebs that you can go to and post as much swearing and attitude as you* want to.

('you' meaning 'anyone').

Thanks.
Originally Posted By: SJ-David
why is swearing censored on this board?

To help prevent the Forums from descending into some bad-vibed flame-fest thick with attitude.

There's literally just a very few words blocked.... since I can't remember when. And I can't really see any particular reason to change it.

I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of places on the interwebs that you can go to and post as much swearing and attitude as you* want to.

Neither can I.