Certainly sounds very spring like right now and so soon after that amazing snowfall in many please.

Just thought I'd start a topic on the warm conditions we are experiencing now. wink

When will winter come back!?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unisys charts are not looking too good - some colder air moving in for a few days middle of next week but looks temporary - most of asia is very mild. Im going to Zao next weekend, but not looking like there'll be any powder.

I think we will get more cold weather - its only the beginning of February, but we might have to wait a couple of weeks.

Come on. Bit more optimism please.

Ok...Snowfall looks potentially lower than average, but anything longer than 1 week forecast is always a stab in the dark. Hokkaido looks like it will get colder for the rest of Feb, and fingers crossed a snowy system will come along.

And most importantly this is a La Nina year and that means the weather becomes less predictable.

There was lots of doom and gloom and rightly so. The season didn't start proper until 6th January and the resorts and hotels in this area that is extremely bad news. Lots of cancellations and a quiet New Year is a bit of a disaster.

Good since 6th January of course, excellent in fact. People were hoping that a longer season might go some way to make up for the bad early season. Me too! friend

I guess spring must mean different things to different people, but to me, its typical March when the av temp in Hakuba (which includes nights) is about 3 above zero and you see all of nature's signs. Fuki no tou, zazensou, trees budding etc. On the hill, the runs go all slushy.

We've had a couple of sunny days up to four or five but its still comfortably minus every night. It was minus fifteen on Wednesday morning. I was out lower down on Happo on Thursday afternoon on my hardboot board and the piste was riding hard and fast. Great for laying down some trenches. The official snow temp today in town is 60cm.

It feels 'spring-like' to me when... it feels 'spring-like'.

Hakuba is going to be different to Yuzawa which is going to be different to another place.

Local news saying that here the daytime temperatue the last few days has been late March / early April -like weather. Just minus a few overnight which will be colder than that of course.

Tomorrow looks like another fine day, will get out to check things I think. Hope that the colder conditions will come back soon. friend

I think it´s going to be cold/warm repeating pattern.

Hopefully the precipitation incides with the cold. Don´t want any rain do we!? Even though, if it just says minus it will be OK.

snowhuntress, will you get to Kamui ski links, there's a day trip from Furano & ski pass is transferrable.

Just got through a week of 42 degrees celsius days.

Back in HokkaiDo on Friday, so it's going to feel cold to me.

was out at Togari Onsen yesterday (near Nozawa). While there was lots of snow, it was hard and icy in the morning and wet and slushy in the afternoon, definitely more like late March-early April conditions.