Today?

1. I said it to my littlest son when he woke up sick and couldn't go to school assembly to receive and award he was looking forward to.

2. I said it to my friend who is having a horrible marriage break up and needed to hear it from someone REAL bad.

3. I said it in response to son #3 when he told me he loved me after coming home from school and I had cake for him for afternoon tea.

AND 4. lastly I text "I love you" to my #2 son who was texting me from Niseko, he had a sad thing happen today and was sharing and telling me he missed his brothers - I signed off with "I Love you XX"

I would have said it to Papabear too if he had text or called from New Zealand - but I guess he is having too much fun to reply to my message today! lol

In other words I am a generous user of "I Love You". It works for me.

Originally Posted By: Mantas

Important words, but they are only words though.

True Mantas.
But if you take a man who tells his kids I Love You at least once every day, he is FAR more likely to also be a man who actions those words as well. thumbsup
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Today?

1. I said it to my littlest son when he woke up sick and couldn't go to school assembly to receive and award he was looking forward to.

2. I said it to my friend who is having a horrible marriage break up and needed to hear it from someone REAL bad.

3. I said it in response to son #3 when he told me he loved me after coming home from school and I had cake for him for afternoon tea.

AND 4. lastly I text "I love you" to my #2 son who was texting me from Niseko, he had a sad thing happen today and was sharing and telling me he missed his brothers - I signed off with "I Love you XX"

I would have said it to Papabear too if he had text or called from New Zealand - but I guess he is having too much fun to reply to my message today! lol

In other words I am a generous user of "I Love You". It works for me.

Ohhhhhh Mike is in troubleeeeeeeeeee hahaha

I don't really say I love you to anyone but my parents and even that is a rarity but they already know I do.

Make sure I tell me mum.

Usually only dad when I'm saying bye for a year, but it always seems kinda awkward.

Don't like over-using it, it seems to take on a 'gambarimasu' kind of feeling when people overuse it.

Originally Posted By: seemore
Said it heaps when I was younger seemed to work a treat kiss.

So dose 'nice legs. What time do they open?'

/yes it has worked before
//and yes achol was involved
Originally Posted By: MitchPee

Ohhhhhh Mike is in troubleeeeeeeeeee hahaha

wink He is now that he failed to make his plane to come home! omg
Drunken back injury requiring an upgrade that couldn't be made on the same flight - so coming home tomorrow.
I will try to tell him I love you, before I add "you idiot"....