My first time this weekend.

Wondering how lift lines have been for people who have been out so far.

-Resort name

-weekend-weekday

-any waiting times if any

Domo!

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Hakuba 47/ Goryu
Weekdays and weekends
No lift lines

(no comment about the morning gondola at Goryu though as that used to be so bad I now avoid it at all cost... maybe things are different now though?)

Add Iwatakie to that list based on my recent experience. 9 of us waiting for Gondy on a mad pow day at 47. No one else when it opened.

Kagura weekend near xmas: 2 minute wait once or twice on the main quad and gondola, otherwise nothing.

Happo 3 days, just before new year, 10 minute wait for gondola, and at the pair lift at the bottom, 4-5 minutes on skyline lift in the mornings, but otherwise nothing.

Kagura Holiday monday one week after NY hols, no waiting on any lift.

Urabandai Nekoma last sunday, no waiting on any lift. No other people on upper slopes later in afternoon.

Cortina: couple of minutes wait on main central (cant recall the name right now) quad (alongside the main green run) on a weekday pow day - all other lifts NO wait time whatsoever. But the waits were only in the morning, rest of the day no wait at all anywhere.

Iwatake: Weekday and weekend. Worst was maybe 4 Gondola's wait. Rest of the mountain zero wait time.

Goryu: ?Sunday - Gondola had a 5 minute queue. Few minutes wait for most of the lifts at Iimori that same day, but poor visibility meant few people at the top, LOTS at the bottom.

47: Weekday - no wait for anything.

Happo: Weekday - no wait for anything.

Now in Niseko... what a difference! Loads more people on the mountain. I have not waited more than 2 minutes for a lift all day, but I took a pic of a big queue at the Ace Family Pair this afternoon.

Mamabear_85.jpg

A school group (and I think the whole of the Hokkaido school system was up here today) was in the queue and despite it being a pairs lift and they were skiing they loaded them singly!!! I kid you NOT! I believe they were letting the other mountain users through 1 for 1, but I still reckon if we were not ready to call it for the afternoon it would have been quicker to walk up to the Ace Quad than join that queue!

Interesting to have the Hakuba vs Niseko perpective in there.

Compare the resorts to what they were like 20 years ago. Pretty shocking when you think about it, 30+ minute waits for pair lifts were a norm on a weekend.

Originally Posted By: SKI
Interesting to have the Hakuba vs Niseko perpective in there.

Compare the resorts to what they were like 20 years ago. Pretty shocking when you think about it, 30+ minute waits for pair lifts were a norm on a weekend.

lol ... bit like Aus!! hee hee

Really, despite the school kids acting like slalom gates at the bottom of the mountain, and the hilariously long queue of them, it was really not that busy on the mountain. Busier than Hakuba, yes - but compared to Australia it was quiet as!

was quite bizarre Jynxx, they were first timers, but they were on skis - not like it was snowboards and more difficult to work out... and the get off on that lift is markedly easier than it has been in previous years - a lot flatter.

Been in Furano for a week, and the only time I've had to wait at a lift line was because of the school groups. Usually only a minute or two, and only on the bottom quad, which is easily avoided. They also don't load them properly here, often one or two people per quad seat!

Had the schools on the lift today as well. They were letting others through, we didn't gave more than a 2 minute wait despite the queue, and I am pleased to report the kids were able to load in pairs today! Progression!

Again, no more that 2 minutes wait anywhere today. And bluebird.

The only significant lift lines I have seen this season were in the "pre-season," a Saturday in October at Yeti and the first Sunday in December at Gran Deco. In previous years the big lines I remember were in November at Marunuma, and Golden Week at Kagura. Basically, the early and late season times when there aren't too many other options available.

Which, yes, does make me worry about the survivability of a large number of places, especially those which are not open early- or late-season.