Radio center is a heap of small shops and stalls in Akihabara that sells electronic parts like chips tools etc. Now I live in the wasteland of Sydney where people in our stores still think that taking their picture steals their soul. I shit you not you can put your head next to theirs you will hear the ocean.

But enough of that.

I brought a few things and had a great time exploring the place...

It was a great feeling to walk into a electronics store and not have a urge to abuse the sales staff.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Now I live in the wasteland of Sydney where people in our stores still think that taking their picture steals their soul

What?!?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Quite new here. Looking for some spring snow in Niseko, 1st of April. From the past data, it looks like there should be some decent amount of snow left by April?

Originally Posted By: JackY
Hi there,

Quite new here. Looking for some spring snow in Niseko, 1st of April. From the past data, it looks like there should be some decent amount of snow left by April?

Never had any issues with cover in the first week or two of April. Some lower snowfall years have issues near the end of April but normally we have a reasonable cover into early May. Be aware though that by 6 April Hanazono and Niseko Village ski areas will have closed for the season and Annupuri and Hirafu will have limited lifts running. Also although lifts continue running quite late many of the services will be shutting down near the end of March as well as many of the restaurants and bars. Foreign run ski schools and hire stores will also shut from 6 April. There may still be plenty of snow but so few people up here that businesses can't justify staying open.
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Hi there,

Never had any issues with cover in the first week or two of April. Some lower snowfall years have issues near the end of April but normally we have a reasonable cover into early May. Be aware though that by 6 April Hanazono and Niseko Village ski areas will have closed for the season and Annupuri and Hirafu will have limited lifts running. Also although lifts continue running quite late many of the services will be shutting down near the end of March as well as many of the restaurants and bars. Foreign run ski schools and hire stores will also shut from 6 April. There may still be plenty of snow but so few people up here that businesses can't justify staying open.

Thanks for the tips. My plan is to stay in Niseko for 5 nights, from 31/3 till 05/4. We planned in a busy schedule in other parts of Japan. I wish I could have more time for ski, but the mrs has a few words to say about that :(

I'm tossing up between Niseko and Furano at the moment. What you guys reckon? Maybe I should start a new thread for this?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As of Wednesday 23 March 2011

Niseko Hirafu village level measurements

March snowfall SO FAR - 1.94 m

Season snowfall SO FAR - 13.01m

Great day today (23rd). 20cm overnight, snowed throughout the day, cold temps, very quiet, and the sun even came out for a bit smile

I'm tossing up between Niseko and Furano at the moment. What you guys reckon?

Hey JackY, I've just finished my 2nd season in Furano and am now in Niseko, so here's my two pennies' worth:-

Generally speaking Niseko gets more snow than Furano though last year Furano had it's biggest March snowfall for about 50 years. That said, Kitanomine (1 of the 2 ski zones that makes up the Furano resort) closes at the end of March so half of your terrain will be lost.

Niseko is a much bigger resort with much more terrain, not to mention the off-piste fun to be had through the gates! & as Mike said, Niseko had lots of snow today (and yesterday) with more forecast for this week and next. I therefore reckon Niseko is a better bet given your schedule. Earlier in the season, I might have said otherwise.

Must be close to a record season then considering their average is only 11.4m!! 60% above the average!! La Nina is definitely good for that part of the world.

Top part of Niseko recieved around 18m last season and that was only an average year....I'm just sayin wink

Squaw is on the north shore of Lake Tahoe in California. Looks like an awesome area. And looks like this was a great year for them! Cali does seem to do really well in La Nina years.