Taken long enough but it is snowing at last, here's a few pics from around the station today.

I will add general Yuzawa are pics throughout the season. Feel free to add your own if you have any.

muikabochi_2610.JPG

muikabochi_2609.JPG

muikabochi_2608.JPG

muikabochi_2607.JPG

muikabochi_2606.JPG

muikabochi_2605.JPG

muikabochi_2604.JPG

muikabochi_2603.JPG

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Metabo Oyaji
Now it feels as though the season has started proper. thumbsup

You're right there and not a moment too soon.

If I am not mistaken, I think that is Ishiuchi Maruyama.

I was at Gala Yuzawa yesterday and wow what a day I had, It didn't stop snowing all day. I took a few snaps but they are pretty crap shots of trees as I rode the chair lift. The snow on piste was as good as I've ridden anywhere. Hardly anyone around which meant 0 waiting time for lifts. The top run at the Central area was my favourite, it was powder heaven. Hardly anyone using it so that I had face shots with every powder slash. The only drag was the run out, with all the powder it was nigh on impossible to get enough speed to make it to the top of the hill where the lift started, so a little walking was required. Continuing the run down the main Central slope was awesome too, with boot to knee powder at the edge of the slope. This was probably the busiest spot but I was still getting untouched powder by the last run of the day. The Northern area opened mid-morning so I spent a bit over there cutting up the awesome conditions on the Swan and the ungroomed course....although that did get chopped up very quickly. I was disappointed that the Southern area remained closed, I wanted to see what that was like. A fanatastic day in Yuzawa!! clap

• SnowJapan Admin

Great to hear that TB - looks like today will be fine.

Surprised about the South area, I'm fairly sure Gala were saying they were fully open, wonder if they were having problems with the snow.

Did you try the downhill course?

The TV displays at the Info counter said that the bottom of the Southern runs were open so I asked the Irish guy that works for Gala at the start and he said that they would be opening all but 2 runs BUT anytime I had a look from the top or via the Edelweiss run, the connecting runs were closed....Edleweiss said it was an Avalanche danger. i saw the Piste bashers out but they didn't open the runs up. I didn't try the Downhill run.....I intended to but I was over at the top of the central area when i decided it was my last run of the day, I was gonna ride all the way down to the top of the Gondola then take the Baroche lift back up and head down the Northern side to take the downhill course home.....but after getting to the Gondola my body was screaming at me to finish.....I just couldn't make my legs move in the direction of the lift!! lol On the Gondola down, the downhill run looked DEEP. A good few people were stick and this 1 guy was digging himself out of a hole that was way over his head!! smile It probably have been a good run because no one would've used it all day

Good to hear that Tubby.

Feeling better today, so hopefully I will get my first ski in fairly soon. Wish it would have been today as the sun is out and it would be a fine day out there.

Originally Posted By: SKI
Originally Posted By: Metabo Oyaji
Now it feels as though the season has started proper. thumbsup

You're right there and not a moment too soon.

If I am not mistaken, I think that is Ishiuchi Maruyama.

Yes it is!