Heading over to Niseko for the season early December. Scored employment at Larry Adler ski rentals, across from the vale.

Anybody else on here heading in the same direction for the season ?

So stoked!

Why do we have to abbreviate the name of the place?

Nis

The big N

Hakks

Thredders

Falls

argh!! veryangry

Maybe it is just me. Maybe I am grandpa

Or maybe I am just jealous it is not me spending the whole season.

But I much prefer to hear the resorts actual name.

This is second only in resort name irritation when a Japan newbie who cant remember where they are booked in corrects my suggestion of Hakuba with Huuukuuuba.

Come to think of it I AM irritable tonight.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Why do we have to abbreviate the name of the place?

Nis
The big N
Hakks
Thredders
Falls

argh!! veryangry

Maybe it is just me. Maybe I am grandpa
Or maybe I am just jealous it is not me spending the whole season.
But I much prefer to hear the resorts actual name.
This is second only in resort name irritation when a Japan newbie who cant remember where they are booked in corrects my suggestion of Hakuba with Huuukuuuba.

Come to think of it I AM irritable tonight.

Yaaa....Mamabear's on fire....like it!! party

I will be there but not for the season just some weeks, would be cool to meet some of you and be shown around if you were up for it??

Also just did some numbers, do you guys think 290,000YEN for 3weeks is plenty, will be eating out drinking and doing a wee bit of shopping in Tokyo for a few days, everything is paid for thats just spending eating and drinking...

Originally Posted By: CptSlow
I will be there but not for the season just some weeks, would be cool to meet some of you and be shown around if you were up for it??

Also just did some numbers, do you guys think 290,000YEN for 3weeks is plenty, will be eating out drinking and doing a wee bit of shopping in Tokyo for a few days, everything is paid for thats just spending eating and drinking...

Always looking for people to ski with.

My advice is pretty much worthless but from all the calculations I have done it seems that would be plenty to go around on for 3 weeks. Eating, drinking, and skiing.