October 30th. Ipps catches a front edge on an indoor slope and breaks his rib. The broken rib is as yet undiagnosed, but its 6 days and its not exactly healing smile

I claim the first "snow" inflicted injury of the season! And id like to thank my mate ty for saying "shall we make this the last run?" right before it happened.

Never call last run. smile Iron law of the universe.

Ah, shucks, Ippy... at least go and get a X- ray.

I can´t talk much cos I left a few injuries undiagnosed and I won´t recommend doing that.

Hope it heals quickly. Sounds like you are still in pain. sadface

yeah, most people say its a two week to 6 week recovery. Couldnt have honestly happened at a better time of the season (well, last day of the season might have been okay too). Its not so bad, my only real worry is that it turns me into a bit of a cautious wuss when i get back on the slopes, given that this season really feels like its mischief time. razz

The pain isnt so bad. Only really hurts when i sneeze or cough. The rest of the time its just a mild discomfort that i barely notice unless i move my arm about. Its actually not that bad smile

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
even if he takes an x-ray, theres nothing doctors can do....right? They just leave ribs to heal naturally, don't they?

It's still pretty important to know one way or the other. There's not much that can be done for cracked/broken ribs but they can be dangerous if left completely unattended or reinjured. A broken rib can so easily puncture a lung it's not funny. When I had my injury a few years ago I had a cracked sternum and broken ribs which were left to heal mostly on their own (I had to do some rehab too) but because of my own foolishness and insistance on not seeing a doctor three dislocated ribs in my back, which were directly related to the broken ribs, went untreated for months and ended up taking a lot longer to heal then if I had seen a doctor about them. My advice is see a doctor and have it looked after!

I wouldn't worry about being a cautious wuss but yeah, better be safe than sorry and get it checked out. I did mine in last year during the 1st week of a 4 week trip to NZ. Could hardly bend down to tighten up my bindings but still managed to go heli-boarding clap

I know this sounds weird as hell, but i woke up on saturday and they felt honestly alright. I had a little sneeze burst that i didnt have time to prepare for (it woke me up) and the pain wasnt really there. Maybe it was all psychosomatic smile Still have pain mind, but its more like the pain you get a couple of minutes after you get a stitch from running (if that makes sense).

You shoulda gone to the Dr, you might have been worrying excessively. Battered Intercostal's hurt like hell too, might not have been a break - maybe just cracked - also hurts bad, but gets better quicker.

Here's hoping by next week you are pain free and ready to ride biggrin

yeah, i might pop in if i can get someone to babysit me smile (Havent registered with a doc yet in korea, so its more trouble than its worth considering it doesnt feel so bad now). But who knows, maybe ill grow up one day smile

Ippy's Guide to Korea:

It sucks. Go to japan*.

GLOSSARY:

Sucks: Sucks is a technical term relating specifically to the snow in korea. On the whole korea is kinda fun and ridiculous, but its snow is very very poor (if you get it at all).

Sucks: Another definition of sucks can be found in relation to the sheer mass of people on a normal saturday on muju. To wit:

163621_15714_lg.jpg

and

163621_15713_lg.jpg

Japan: A country replete with beautiful fluffy snow. If this is entirely based on a decision to ride, stay in japan.

*: Denoting a qualifier (in that maybe its not about riding pow and you just want to see korea), In which case, go to hongdae (hongik university subway stop) in seoul if its all about the night life. Havent had a bad night there yet. That place is good fun.

Under no account end up in itaewon. Think of roppongi concentrated into a slum.

Originally Posted By: ippy
Ippy's Guide to Korea:

It sucks. Go to japan*.

GLOSSARY:

Sucks: Sucks is a technical term relating specifically to the snow in korea. On the whole korea is kinda fun and ridiculous, but its snow is very very poor (if you get it at all).

Sucks: Another definition of sucks can be found in relation to the sheer mass of people on a normal saturday on muju. To wit:

163621_15714_lg.jpg

and

163621_15713_lg.jpg

Japan: A country replete with beautiful fluffy snow. If this is entirely based on a decision to ride, stay in japan.

*: Denoting a qualifier (in that maybe its not about riding pow and you just want to see korea), In which case, go to hongdae (hongik university subway stop) in seoul if its all about the night life. Havent had a bad night there yet. That place is good fun.

veryshocked
Originally Posted By: ippy
Ippy's Guide to Korea:

It sucks. Go to japan*.

GLOSSARY:

163621_15714_lg.jpg

and

163621_15713_lg.jpg

Yes Korea sucks whale dick big time. Don't ever go there for skiing. It's freakin mad.