• 2 weeks later...

Went up today and skinned all the way up to Dog leg chute. Unfortunately I messed up and was not filming when I hit the chute so I went up and did another small lap. Some nice turns but the go pro got a little foggy so it's hard to make out. All faults of mine since I dropped it in snow. Wanted to take it easy since I was by myself. Was definitely really deep at some points.

Originally Posted By: sand
nice one, really can not wait for the snow season to start here in Japan . just wondering if you use AT bindings or Trekkers?

I use Bentchetlers and Dukes. Great combo and fairly light. Unfortunately all the real AT bindings out there don't really hold up to what I put them through and Trekkers are a bit of a pain. Dukes have been my all time favorite binding for the combination. Definitely worth a go smile
Originally Posted By: MitchPee
Originally Posted By: sand
nice one, really can not wait for the snow season to start here in Japan . just wondering if you use AT bindings or Trekkers?

I use Bentchetlers and Dukes. Great combo and fairly light. Unfortunately all the real AT bindings out there don't really hold up to what I put them through and Trekkers are a bit of a pain. Dukes have been my all time favorite binding for the combination. Definitely worth a go smile

cool, should have gone for the Dukes myself,
got the Jester and know regretting the decision as I am thinking on my budget the only thing I can do to get slack country access is get some Trekkers, but not sure if they'll work with the Jester's high back binding :(

They work! I used them with jesters for a bit when I was in between skis. For tours anywhere up to 3-4 km max they are perfect. Anymore than that and anything very steep/switchbacky gets a little hard. Great for slackcountry though!

Originally Posted By: MitchPee
but the go pro got a little foggy so it's hard to make out. All faults of mine since I dropped it in snow.

You can get those fog inserts to help but they aren't cheap for squares of paper IMO.

Went to Brighton for opening day today. Conor had his helmet cam on and was nice enough to make a little edit for me to share around. Fun day! Nothing too crazy just having fun.

Oh also got this too. Did a 3 off a catwalk jump we built. Hoping he has a picture further into the spin and further downhill but this is all he put up for now smile

Photo: Ben Allen

mitchpee_25.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Got a couple more videos to share, will get the one from Millicent lift at Brighton opening up soon and got to send some decent pre season cliffs. smile nice soft landings.

This one is just a little tribute to someone I recently lost. Considered him something as a second father (was my dad's best friend). Skinned up to the top of Grizzly gulch today something like 10,200 feet and buried a picture of him up there. Was a really nice way to get some closure and say goodbye in my own way. Anyway, cheers hope you enjoy it some great snow and sun...a beautiful day.

http://vimeo.com/17225204