• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That picture looks almost religious.

Originally Posted By: ILoveZao
You might want to try the Kurohima parking, not usually "as busy" and at the base of a run.

Oooh, that looks like a brilliant suggestion! Way off to the right, and halfway up the mountain, looks like. Do you know if there are rental and school there, by the way? (If not, there is probably a rental shop on the way from the expressway, and we could go down to the base area to sign up for lessons for the kid, I suppose?)

Originally Posted By: brit-gob
Zao Chuo Ropeway it is called I think

Thanks. I guess it will all be clearer in a day and a half.

Light flurries forecast on Saturday, blue skies on Sunday. Looks like it'll be a good weekend to be at Zao.
groovy

We never know, it is still February but my guess is.... yes.

As long as temperature remains lower, we can hope they stay large for a while yet.

Last season it was quite alarming at how quickly they got smaller and we were left with naked trees!

Jelly Belly

When I went last year, I walked up from the top gondola. Had to duck some ropes and early on in the morning there were a fair few people going up there. That's when I got my best shots and that particular one, my favourite. But they called us down and stopped it.

So I don't know what the policy is. Maybe I was lucky to get up there, or maybe they let some early on and then crack down?

Anyone?

Just looking back at last year.

This photo from the very end of February 2010, the snow monsters soon disappeared from the uppper slopes - they were still in place and looking decent just a week before that.

ILoveZao_402.jpg

So even with the last week of warm, I think we are doing better than last year.