• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I remember, two areas. One is the famous "kabe" to the right of Zao Ropeway near the Astrea Hotel. Then the other was a bit further to the right under one of those very fast quads. But happily, for me, Zao isn't covered in moguls!

Yes more lots of long cruising runs rather than moguls and bumps at Zao. Might not be your cup of tea masher, but still worth a visit.

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
From what I remember, two areas. One is the famous "kabe" to the right of Zao Ropeway near the Astrea Hotel. Then the other was a bit further to the right under one of those very fast quads. But happily, for me, Zao isn't covered in moguls!

Yes the most famous mogul run in Zao for sure!

It is that!

The snow has gone now, it feels a long time ago. Ropeways moving for the "green season" though they don't get much rest in a year.

I have been to Zao twice in my time here in Japan and it is a really good place to visit. Pity it is not closer to other stuff, but you can easy go just there and have 3-5 days. As others have said, finding a place to eat in the evening is a bit of a chore if you aren't staying, though if you are with car Yamagata city area is just 20 minutes or so drive.