Anybody do them? I've had quite a few in the past couple of months. All night drinking, talking, karaokeing, dancing, general running amok~ness and getting home at 6-7am~ish... This part weekend spend a really good night out with a great friend of mine in Shibuya clubbing all night until 10am the next morning. I always find it amusing going into a club that opens at 5:30am... Had to force myself to stay awake on the train ride home to stop myself from ending up in Osaka... also stayed in the smoking car of the shinkansen coz that's how dirty I felt (and surely smelled as well)

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Haha I struggle to do those without assistance these days which Im kinda over. Then pay the price for a LONG time after wards. Good to see I can live vicariously through you BM. smile

Pete you better beat the struggle then. I have a feeling there will be a SJF party when I get to Nihon!

I did one of those nights in Roppongi a few years back when one of my investments paid out. My agent paid....cost him about 400,000 yen but we had a goooood time... evilgrin

I'd rather see the sun come up paddling out for that first wave though.

Haha I struggle to do those without assistance these days which Im kinda over. Then pay the price for a LONG time after wards. Good to see I can live vicariously through you BM. smile

Same here - last time was about 3 months ago, and spent the next day in pain, and feeling really shite. That's when I realised that while they may be fun at the time, the next day just isn't worth it.

I used to think I could only do it with assistance too Pete. I've since realized that there is no need...

As for having terrible hangovers... well, I think they actually used to be worse for me. I think because of my general state of healthiness (jogging, gym, biking, surfing and boarding) the next day is no longer much of a problem. If I feel like crap I try and sweat it out by doing some exercise or if that doesn't seem to promising a hot bath or sauna.

I was definitely much crazier back in the day though and used to do two to four days straight a couple of times a month... I've always been a pretty energetic dude and sleep has never seemed all the necessary.

I definitely can't drink like I could in my youth. I can quite easily stay up all night and do so not infrequently but I really take it a bit easier on how much I drink these days. Pulled an all nighter recently at karaoke with nomi hodai. Certainly got pretty drunk but after getting a good buzz on really slowed down and just maintained it rather than getting completely off my face like I would have done when I was younger. Still payed for it the next day of course...

Last MASSIVE night out was Niseko in January.

Probably the next massive night out will be Niseko in Janaury 2011.

I just can't do it anymore without paying a massive price for days afterwards.

I did all nighters two or three times a month for five or six years. It was almost always clubbing though, and I wouldn't drink that much unless the music wasn't doing it or I met someone nice to drink with wink

I've got my walkman on now with some of me old tapes. Richie Hawtin playing Kyoto in 1995. Great times!

Never been into 'clubbing' myself. Can't stand the music. If I can't sing to it I just can't get into it. Last time I went to clubs they were actually still called discos! lol

you know you are getting older when "I'm never drinking again" is replaced with "I just cant drink like I used to"

Just getting to the end of ski season here... no real going out or sleeping in has been done since May. Looking forwared to BBQ, drinking, going out and music season (not so much the hangovers though)

I have uttered the words on many occasion, but never stick to it!! biggrin

Last big clubbing night I had was a few months ago, some mates had organised a night at a place in Shibuya, had DJ's going all night. It was good fun but I got to 3am and wanted to head home.....of course the first train isn't until 4.30am (from Shinagawa) or sometime past 5 for Shibuya......there was no way I was hanging around till 5, so I made a march for it and walked to Shinagawa and got the earlier train home. The walk did me the power of good as well, wasn't hungover the next day despite a skinful of beer.

Karaoke boxes are dangerous, once you get in there is no telling what time it is, no windows to the outside (of course you can check your watch but who has time for that while belting songs out by the dozen??) Come out the front door blinking because of the light.

In my NOVA days, our "weekends" were often midweek, I had Thursday and Friday off. So I'd often finish work on the Thursday and go straght out drinking, not getting out the last bar till 7am. I'm staggering hoe smelling like god knows what while there are streams of people heading to the station to go to work! lol

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Never been into 'clubbing' myself. Can't stand the music. lol

Was totally the same GN but MDMA and a band called the Chrystal Method (seriously - not that drug) changed all that for me. Had been VERY rock n roll up until then. Was the start of some Mad times smile but a life time ago wink
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Never been into 'clubbing' myself. Can't stand the music. lol

Was totally the same GN but MDMA and a band called the Chrystal Method (seriously - not that drug) changed all that for me. Had been VERY rock n roll up until then. Was the start of some Mad times smile but a life time ago wink

yeah......MDMA.....ahhhhh!!! biggrin
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver

In my NOVA days, our "weekends" were often midweek, I had Thursday and Friday off. So I'd often finish work on the Thursday and go straght out drinking, not getting out the last bar till 7am. I'm staggering hoe smelling like god knows what while there are streams of people heading to the station to go to work! lol

and in the day, it wouldn't have been any other way. highfive

Used to be very partial to a bender or 3. (was a long time resident of Double 6 !!!) I could justify it as long as I wasn't missing a surf because of it.

Round here now I have been out of it for a while but need a good night on it.

No matter how fit you think you think you are the assistance still takes it out of you. I used to turn up on Tuesdays after benders at full contact training (Katate & Muay Thai) and get slammed no matter how fit I was!

All this talk.. get me out there!