Why bother looking at the menu

There's a restaurant near me I go to about twice a month. Every time I look at the menu. Every time I order exactly the same thing. I just like what I like there too much.

It's the same at an Indian restaurant, I always end up with the same.

Tell me next time not to bother reading the menu. lol

Top tip - don't bother with the menu.

Two places near me I'm the same, always the same. In fact, looking forward to going there tomorrow for some curry with tonkatsu and garlic fried potatoes with ketchup and mayonnaise dip. yummy

thumbsup

One of my faves at a local Indian back in Wigan is Balti Garlic Chicken Tikka.

I look at the huge menu, don't understand most of it, always comment how it would be great if "I could taste them all" and "try something new".... and then plump for the Balti Garlic Chicken Tikka.

I go to a lot of places too. But I have a place that I go to often and there's really no need to look as I have the same.

About wine.

Does any place, in the world, not rip you off royally for wine?

I don't like getting ripped off big time, so I never really have wine at a restaurant.

I rarely have the same food more than once, unless it is the ONLY reason I am going to that place, which is usually Matsuya or Cocoichibanya.

If you don't want a menu then just say you don't want one. Problem, and thread, solved.

Now wine. Wine. Agreed with Kling-klang, more often than not, an utter ripoff in restaurants.

Originally Posted By: KlingKlang
I go to a lot of places too. But I have a place that I go to often and there's really no need to look as I have the same.

About wine.
Does any place, in the world, not rip you off royally for wine?
I don't like getting ripped off big time, so I never really have wine at a restaurant.

Surprisingly, I found when I lived in France that it wasn't that much more expensive. Of course it really depends on the place that you go but usually the out of the way places there were pretty reasonable.
Originally Posted By: brit-gob
Wine is good in restaurants when some other sucker is paying.

The markup on wine is just madness. I won't be part of it.
Good job I prefer beer anyway.

I have to commend Oz on their BYO culture. Althought not always available at super swanky places, it is nice to go for a Italian taking along a $30 bottle of wine which would cost 3x that in the restaurant.