Obvious would be:

silent vertical snow on powder covered mountains.

That is heavenly. Much like a heavenly bed of powder snow.

But failing that, I enjoy a full on thunderstorm with all the crashes and flashes and the heaviest of rains.

Extremes are rather exciting. What kinda weather do you like?

I like having 4 seasons in a year.

I like hot and dry desert weather - great for lungs

I like cold crisp mornings

I like rain and getting wet

Must have snow in winter

what I don't like is stinkin' hot and humid.

Originally Posted By: thursday
Obvious would be:

silent vertical snow on powder covered mountains.

That is heavenly. Much like a heavenly bed of powder snow.

But failing that, I enjoy a full on thunderstorm with all the crashes and flashes and the heaviest of rains.

clap

Out on the deck watching it all roll in and listening to it on a corrogated iron roof... thumbsup

I get quite excited by extreme weather. Papa reckons if we lived in the US I would be a storm chaser. Tornado's fascinate me, but I wouldn't like to be hit by one!

The massive hail storm in Perth not too long ago caught me in my car in the middle of it ... and my heart rate didn't slow down for hours. LOVED the adrenaline rush. Wasn't as thrilled about the water running through my downlights inside the house, but hey - small price to pay for a bit of excitement.

Perfect non snow day for me is a balmy 28-32 degree's, no wind and no commitments so we can head down to the ski lake and take the boat for a run/fire up the BBQ/and crack a cold one. Preferably with friends to enjoy the experience.

Originally Posted By: MitchPee
Summer- Hot and sunny

Winter- Cold and snowing

Yep. Perfect for jumping in the river or ocean in summer, skiing in winter.

The in-between stuff is comfortable when working and sleeping but not good for much else.

I'm like MB, I love extreme weather (except extreme heat). I love violent storms, blizzards and the like and would definitely love to go storm chasing to see tornados in the US one day.

Having majored in meteorology I have always taken more than just a casual interest in weather. In fact weather and climate play a major role in my happiness. I know for instance no matter how much I got paid I could never be happy living in a hot, dry climate. I love a cold, snowy climate with a nice mild summer in between. Hence I live in Hokkaido!

extreme weather is certainly exciting. I like driving in rain that you can't see 5 meters infront. It cleans the car at least.

Tyhpoon season coming up. Typhoons are a bit scarey, I have 270 degrees of glass.

Where I live I've only got one choice...mildly hot and sunny with occasional rain 12 months a year.

But I love a good thunder and lightning storm and my true favorite is a day with those huge snow flakes slowly floating down for days at a time. It makes you feel good to be both inside looking out and outside playing (snowboarding/skiing) in the snow.

Tornado weather is irie. It goes from hot and humid to suddenly cold, dry and very still....tornado coming!