when I first started working, we used to have to work Saturday mornings. Then it got changed to every other saturday morning, then it changed to no saturdays at all. It was like getting a weekend all of a sudden.

I'm really taxed, this year the earliest I start is 8.30am and the earliest i finish is 2.30pm, then the lastest I start is 9.30am, and this is the real kick in the ass, I have to finish at 3.15pm! the cheek of it!!

Originally Posted By: Indo
Originally Posted By: Creek Boy

24/7/365 shifty

Mhate, U gotta do something about that!

Mine are officially 8:45 - 5:15 with start time flexible depending on the surf razz

I'm working 33 hours at work-work and then also a worthy 10-12 hours of school work/reading. Yayyy.

I work a pretty normal 40 hour week but in busy times in can be considerably more and quiet times considerably less. Once I can get my permanent residency I will be able to give up working full time...can't wait!

May be able to apply in about another 3 years. Might actually have a chance of getting it in about 5...

Not being married to a local makes it a lot harder to get.

We can choose to work public holidays or not. As I deal with mostly international clients they obviously don't have the same days off themselves as Japanese public holidays. If we work them we get another day off in lieu at a later date of our choice. I really don't like taking time off when everyone else does, it's normally too busy and more expensive so I prefer to take the days off at another time anyway.

Plus the sakura hasn't come out yet in Hokkaido and it's anything but golden up here at the moment. Still lots of snow around and very little green. No leaves on any trees yet at least up in the Niseko region.

I freelance, so choose what to accept and what not...

I worked today - one paid one unpaid - and I realized that I love what I do and do what I love ... so cash or no...it is a joy to go to work the majority of days!

Any where from 20-60 hours a week. I don't have set hours being self employed (that means more to me than the money) So long as I get the job done to in my clients time frame, it's all good.