US vs Ghana, I see - and then either Uruguay or S Korea.

Nice work getting on top there US, good position to be in.

England will surely regret being woeful in the first two games.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Mispaced enthusiasm for what has happened so far I'd say and only something that could come from someone who isn't really a footie fan.

Anyway I am actually looking forward to the next round and expecting some good games.

party

Hell no, the more the merrier. If this WC has gotten more people interested in football, then football has won.

This WC sucks dick because of the vuvu horns horse
Originally Posted By: thursday
Hell no, the more the merrier. If this WC has gotten more people interested in football, then football has won.

Well it probably doesn't work like that does it. Once the WC has finished, the people getting excited over the hype will soon forget about football and soccerballs.
It's not the football they are interested in, it's the event.
Originally Posted By: scouser
US vs Ghana, I see - and then either Uruguay or S Korea.

Nice work getting on top there US, good position to be in.
England will surely regret being woeful in the first two games.

Ghana is much faster, will be a good game.

You've got an as good as could possibly be hoped for run in there Mitch.

No excuses. wink

England have lots of excuses of course all lined up ready to shoot off. wink

Mispaced enthusiasm for what has happened so far I'd say and only something that could come from someone who isn't really a footie fan.

OK, you called me out there. ashamed
But then again, if it was only the 'true' football fans who watched the game then it wouldn't be the great international game that it is. -Kind of like how if only the 'true' skiers took to the hills (or posted on Snow Japan for that matter), there wouldn't be much left, I think. he he he The more the merrier, no?

Shirts off for the boys!!! (search it on facebook ;))

Just over two hours till kick off between NZ and Paraguay. If we win then we advance with probably Italy - I don't see Slovakia drawing or beating Italy. If we draw, well oh well, better luck next time biggrin

Anyway, we'll be up until nearly 4am watching just in case NZ never go to a football world cup again in our lifetimes smile

Originally Posted By: ger

OK, you called me out there. ashamed
But then again, if it was only the 'true' football fans who watched the game then it wouldn't be the great international game that it is. -Kind of like how if only the 'true' skiers took to the hills (or posted on Snow Japan for that matter), there wouldn't be much left, I think. he he he The more the merrier, no?

Dun worry Ger, nobody has a right to dictate how anyone should feel about a sport based on their experience.

Quote:
-Kind of like how if only the 'true' skiers took to the hills (or posted on Snow Japan for that matter)

Oops, outted.