• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
Some cracking free kicks, something that has been missing in this World Cup. Japan been practising free kicks with this new ball?

I only got to watch the second half but Japan had some amazing first touches. Can't count too many that went wrong. Not real solid in the back but they set up plays extremely well.

1st free kick - Sorensen REALLY should have saved it, was completely out of position, and it was great to hear Honda say that too.

2nd free kick - sublime. Nice curl from right to left to beat the wall and inside the post.

3rd goal - Nice pull back from Honda to Okazaki.

Kawashima - man this guy can save penalties eh? Perhaps Arsenal should put a bid in for him. Can't be much worse than Almunia or Fabianski.

Originally Posted By: MitchPee
Not real solid in the back but they set up plays extremely well.

Yes, they were. Except for the penalty they gave away, they soaked up most of the Danish attempts without any fuss.

Surprising after the friendlies when Nakazawa and Tulio were pants.
Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
You got up to watch a Japan game? My, that's dedication.
I won't be getting up to watch ANY game.

It helped that I was woken up by the sound of a vuvuzela going by my window. Probably someone blasting the radio in their car.

Telegraph:

"They use the Jabulani ball in the J-League and the way in which it was manipulated by Keisuke Honda and Yasuhito Endo showed an expertise other countries have lacked."

Rearry?

Originally Posted By: brit-gob
Telegraph:

"They use the Jabulani ball in the J-League and the way in which it was manipulated by Keisuke Honda and Yasuhito Endo showed an expertise other countries have lacked."

Rearry?

But Honda plays in Russia?

I didn't see the game but sounds like Japan played well. Next up Paraguay? Hmmmmm good chance there too perhaps?

Remind me not to turn on the telly!!

Seriously, don't.

Just made the mistake of doing that to be play some video games.

BOOM!

Wife hadn't changed the channel before she left. Another replay of the goals.

Well played NIPPON!

I've never rated Sorenson, from even before he punched that corner in against England in Niigata, but the second one was unstoppable. A perfect free kick. I wish that one he pushed onto the bar had gone in as well though. It were well comic.

Three games in, Honda has scored two and put one on a plate. That's a lot more than another striker I could mention.