• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well an improved display, but still not great. Slovenia are a poor side and still created 2 or 3 good chances that better sides would score. If Ghana lose to Germany, then that sets up a very tasty 2nd round game against the Germans

GOAAAAAAAAAAL

about TIME. Cannot believe they pulled that one off. Well Bob Bradley better have them practicing finishing because that was one of the worst performances inside the 18 I have seen all World Cup. Dempsey better get into it because that was piss poor.

Great job on the American team and Algeria as well. They had some chances as well. Should have been a 2-1 game. So happy to see the US go through and take the group win. If I want to watch consistency I watch Spain. When I want a roller coaster of a game I will watch the US.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
rooney AND dempsey both denied by posts.

I didn't get to watch much of the England game, but did they sub Rooney? Talk about a risky move. Can't say he had done much prior to this game though. A misguided header is all I can really think of.

If you think about it the World Cup is like World War 2, the French have surrended early, the Yanks have arrived at the last minute and England have to take on Germany

Originally Posted By: stemik
If you think about it the World Cup is like World War 2, the French have surrended early, the Yanks have arrived at the last minute and England have to take on Germany

yeah Stem, cos it was ONLY England that fought against the Germans! rolleyes
Originally Posted By: MitchPee
Originally Posted By: RobBright
rooney AND dempsey both denied by posts.

I didn't get to watch much of the England game, but did they sub Rooney? Talk about a risky move. Can't say he had done much prior to this game though. A misguided header is all I can really think of.

It wasn't risky at all if you ask me. He isn't anywhere near like being on form, and he was getting frustrated.
Quote:
France bites it. USA through. Korea through.... Out with the old world in with the new. This world cup rocks!

A bit dramatic isn't it.
France were always going to be rubbish.
USA - haven't they been through before?
Korea got to the last 4 in 2002.
Doesn't the old world include teams such as Argentina, Brazil. I seem to recall them being fairly good at soccerball.
As for this World Cup rocking.
You are the one off your rocker!
In what was does it rock? It sure doesn't in terms of football, which is what it's all about I think.

Anyway.... even if England beat Germany, next up would be the winner of Argentina v Mexico.
lol
Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Quote:
France bites it. USA through. Korea through.... Out with the old world in with the new. This world cup rocks!

A bit dramatic isn't it.
France were always going to be rubbish.
USA - haven't they been through before?
Korea got to the last 4 in 2002.
Doesn't the old world include teams such as Argentina, Brazil. I seem to recall them being fairly good at soccerball.
As for this World Cup rocking.
You are the one off your rocker!
In what was does it rock? It sure doesn't in terms of football, which is what it's all about I think.

Anyway.... even if England beat Germany, next up would be the winner of Argentina v Mexico.
lol

Enthusiasm. Not much for this WC but heres some to share.

Mispaced enthusiasm for what has happened so far I'd say and only something that could come from someone who isn't really a footie fan.

Anyway I am actually looking forward to the next round and expecting some good games.

party

It was still a very nervy game not really something to get excited about. A game against Germany will be a whole different story.

Who do the US get for coming top?