• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japan parking the bus.

Holland not seeming fussed about attacking.

BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is even Holland playing for a draw?

Why is this World Cup conspiring to make footie the most boring game in the world. It's like pulling teeth but not as fun. I know once we get out of group rounds things should pick up but ffs this is dire.

Objection!

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Great to see the US win 2-2 though.
They're getting the hang of this soccer ball thingy.
thumbsup

You've gone and jinxed them now.
Next they'll be making into some kind of 132 game season with multiple round playoffs and western and eastern conferences with home field advantage.

I fully expect that with them only needing a draw it will be like the game last night with Japan parking the bus clearly in front of the goal and trying to frustrate the opposition, as well as frustrating the people watching the game. But the shred of hope is that with Denmark needing to win it, they'll take the game to Japan. Are they a decent team, I really don't know?

That first half last night was just awful to watch.

As was the England game of course which was of course worse.

Here's my proposition - more points for a win. Make teams play for it. Too much playing for a draw and teams able to get through on three lifeless draws. razz

Kaka sent off. Ever so slightly raised arm, but COME ON!!! That was nothing.

The card comes entirely from the ridiculous play acting after.

That acting+decision is just outrageous.

Stuff like that needs dealing with after the fact, Kaka needs that card deleted and the actor needs to get sent home.

Simpsons_torch_mob_sm.jpg

I wonder if they'll take any action on that one.

Seems like the French are on strike, mutiny in England, Italians are rubbish etc.

Major European teams not having a smooth ride. I blame the ball/those horns/the altitude/the exchange rate/something else for sure.

wink

They had some university professor dude on the tv subject the ball to air resistance, i.e., stick it in front of a big fan. It was wobbling all over the shop and looked like the Alien was about to burst out of the middle. No wonder keepers are frightened of it! A conventional ball didn't budge at all.

I reckon modern players are too fit and cover too much ground, crowding out skill (esp. when skill is hampered by using a crap ball). The only solution I can think of is to ten or nine a side.