Apple vs Google vs Microsoft

Very interesting and all getting increasingly exciting.

"It's hard to grasp the breathtaking scale of the epic war between Microsoft, Google and Apple. Billions upon billions of dollars. Entire industries at stake. This is the board. These are the pieces."

As someone commented, some of the lineups are a stretch, but...

versus15.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/5517993/the-dogs-of-war-apple-vs-google-vs-microsoft?skyline=true&s=i

Originally Posted By: klingon
No, I think that is out around June.

Betas are about now, if you are prepared to report problems to Micro$shaft.

Yep, it's been released to the manufacturers, so it should be showing up sometime soon. Been using the Beta for some time. Outlook and Word both have some nice improvements, but nothing mind blowing. I don't really use the other apps.

At work of course we can just install things no worries. Generally we don't get free copies, although they did give everyone a free copy of Win7. Some people also bring in personal laptops, desktops, etc and install Windows, Office, etc on them. Although you're not supposed to. I wouldn't be surprised if people who work in the Office org get a free copy though.

We do get big discounts on software, xbox accessories and games that MS publishes.

Thursday - Maybe that's where they keep the attractive employees. Generally us engineers don't win many beauty contests smile

I'm on an incubation project, super secret! Although (somewhat inaccurate) info about it has leaked a few times.

I used to be on the Windows Mobile team. But that was before they actually had a good looking OS.

Well, if it ever is released as a product that's a long ways off (years I'd guess). Don't hold your breath.

It's interesting stuff, but telling people that it's secret makes it sound much more interesting than it really is wink