• 3 weeks later...

went so fast this winter, and i skied only twice. ze time management technique of mine is pretty bad and seems like itll be april before accomplishing anything much. lame o _ o;

aim higher for ze summer i say.

Originally Posted By: thursday
you gonna ski in summer? doh

Summer skiing is fun. Shorts, Hawaiian shirts and plenty of sun block.

Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
countdown already on for next season lol

This skiing still seems to be long from over.
Originally Posted By: SKI
Where is it next time snowhuntress?

Well I feel like a total traitor as we have done Niseko for the last 4 years but next year we are planning somewhere else.

Thanks to these forums we have realised that there are a lot of other great resorts in Hokkaido. We are planning to base ourselves in Furano and do Ashiadake, Tomamu, Kioro and any others that catch our eye. Then maybe the last week in Niseko.
perhaps you may want to hop onto the happy bus that will be touring Hokkaido. (Beer, wine and toilets onboard as the mad bus dashes from one resort to the next)

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/355247/3.html

Well that does sound like a plan!! But Mr Snowhunter is designated driver, 4 of us going planning on 3-4 weeks.

March is good for me as work is quiet. There has still been some good snowfalls and no one around. I have been able to get on the hill a fair bit. Looking forward to an even quieter April and some warm spring days on the slopes.

Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
countdown already on for next season lol

Cut it out!
I am off to have a little slip and slide on Tuesday groovy
It is not over yet!

Summer can just bugger off! razz

Snowing up a storm on the Hunter Mtn. webcams, and Saturday is supposed to be warm and sunny there, so looking good for at least one last hurrah before we get down into hardcore spring conditions.

After that, still pondering Zao for Golden Week...

Mar 29 to Apr 1 with my missus, which may be the last of this season.

We noticed it doesn't get dark in the afternoon anymore. It became warm since yesterday. We smelt spring in the air.

Avalance danger goes up a notch from now ..

Originally Posted By: quattro
you gonna ski in summer? doh

Summer skiing is fun. Shorts, Hawaiian shirts and plenty of sun block.

i almost forgot how fun spring skiing is. i believe it was 2006 golden week i was skiing alone in tsugaike and i met wezo-san and sarah-chan on a slope. they were skiing without a jacket (actually if i remember correctly wezo-san was wearing a bandanna but no t-shirt or something similar..) and i was wearing one piece ewok suit (the only ski wear i had at that time) which i felt too hot. still i had lots of fun. less crowd is best. summer skiing sounds like fun too. if its chile and argentina u can ski and tango.

I haven't made it up at all this month so def gonna have a couple more days in April. 2 years ago I was riding down 47 with my jacket open at the zip, I wanted to take it off and just ride in my t-shirt but couldn't be bothered riding to the bottom and leaving it there