Originally Posted By: Kraut_in_HongKong

BTW, Sunday night I passed the White Horse again but didn't go in. While I just walked by a girl slid on the stairs and had a bad crash. Looked really bad. She was with some foreign dudes which appeared sober and they don't wanted any help. Life can be short. Good to enjoy it while we can.

Hey Kraut. I was there and I must thank you for your concern. There was a number of us so we were able to get her back inside and help her out. I know you made a v line back to assist and I thank you for that. You are certainly a good samaritan with a good heart. I was the one who said it was under control although I may have sounded in a panic. Bit more to the story but it has all ended ok.

Wow thats sucks, believe it or not I just broke my finger yesterday clean through but at an angle meaning it is going to take 4-6 weeks to fully heal as long as I don't use it. And no not from skiing actually!

This really sucks, because although I am fine to ski, I have been told in no uncertain terms by the doctor that if I fall and hit my hand it could be months getting better, due to the angle of the fracture the bone could actually pull apart, something I cant afford as most of my work is outside.

So I will most probably be away from the slopes for the next month or so.

But I certainly intend to get some spring skiing done in April and May.

It really sucks as I am fine except once finger, but I got to think about my work so have to be patient.

I had planned on skiing this weekend and next weekend in fact so this injury has put a stop to that for a few weeks.

It is splinted up, and yeah I can ski gently of course, and been debating whether or not to ski, but just in case I crash or someone bashes into me I could damaged it more then I will have a major problem for work.

I will anyway give it a couple of weeks or so then see, but I would rather let it heal up, after all I can still go skiing agaain in April.

Finger's crossed it heals quickly. I mentioned in a post above that my wife broke her toe a month out from out snow trip. Lot's of RICE (Rest Ice Compression Elevate) and it seems to heal pretty quickly. She had no probs in the snow, so maybe if ou look after if you could be back on the hill in 3 weeks. Better to be safe than sorry, especially if it could hinder your work.

I hate having to ride injured and not be able to do it 100%. It's good to still be out there, but very frustrating not being able to ride the way you want Of course, that's still less frustrating than not being on the snow at all...

Thanks guys, I have decided to sit it out and wait for my finger to properly heal, last thing I want to do is hit it and break it more badly then it already is, especially as my finger is broken at an angle, meaning the whole bone could drop down and go through my skin if it is hit.

As soon as I am given the all clear I will be back on the slopes, after all only feb, still many places ok to ski into April and even some in may.