• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The build-up programme has just started on BBC1.

They got the Fleetwood Mac song back!

(Last time I saw it here, it was on ITV with adverts every 10 minutes, usually just before something semi-exciting happened!

At least it still makes sense with Chinese commentators screaming over the top of it smile Was hoping for Weber to do better but still in the points and better then a crash.

Those red cars sure dont look as sexy as they once did. Very different looking with that vertical spine above the engine area, seems to work though....

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watching?

Seems that my new sky setup isn't letting me watch. So just looking online now at a text commentary. Sounds like a dramatic start... thanks to the weather.

But he has no self control, cannot stop himself from burnouts in his (company supplied) Merc! Idiot! The car should have been cubed, that'd raise a question or two in MercLand.

Interesting how the spotlight really seems to be off Schumacher right now. I'm interested to know how he is feeling about not being very good now, but can't find much. Wonder how long he will stick at it.

Originally Posted By: thursday
OK, I didn't understand that. Cubed?

its some neanderthal response by authorities when you do something inappropriate (/neanderthal) in your car. they crush it.

In Oz, you have the car impounded for 'hoon' behaviour. 3 times and its crushed.

I call it neanderthal, because its low-brain 'eye-for-eye' mentality.

If you want to punish the driver (and assuming he/she is the owner as well (DOH)), I would confiscate the car and sell it for charity.

the stupidity of the law was recently highlighted in Oz when a doctor had his lamborghini impounded for 28 days for 'hoon behaviour', and he wasnt even driving it, it was the mechanic who had broken the law???
  • 1 month later...