• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
The change has been introduced as a result of the expanded grid of 13 teams. Under the new system, the race winner takes 25 points, with 20 and 15 being awarded for second and third places respectively. The next seven finishers will score 10, 8, 6, 5, 3, 2 and 1 point respectively.
Originally Posted By: thursday
Quote:
The change has been introduced as a result of the expanded grid of 13 teams. Under the new system, the race winner takes 25 points, with 20 and 15 being awarded for second and third places respectively. The next seven finishers will score 10, 8, 6, 5, 3, 2 and 1 point respectively.

That's old news.

Originally Posted By: wiki
A new points system has been ratified for 2010, in response to the increased grid. Since 2003, points had been awarded to the top eight finishers: ten points for first, eight for second, six for third and all the way down to one for eighth place. The 2010 system will see 25 points for first, 18 for second, with third receiving 15, 12 for fourth and then ten, eight, six, four, two, and one for tenth place
but that's from the F1 site. The ratio of 25 18 was found to be the same as 10 8. etc...

um no it isn't.

25 / 2.5 = 10
20/2.5 = 8
15/2.5 = 6

18 /2.5 = ~7

hence the change.

I so hope you aren't involved in finance thursday.

read and weep here:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81199

Quote:

Teams also approved a change to the points structure, first revealed by AUTOSPORT, that will offer more reward for victories compared to the version that was approved last December.

The points will now run 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1, meaning there is a seven-point difference between first and second.

dated - Feb 2nd 2010

F1 site correct or a report correct? Dunno wakaranai

from same site
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/2/10389.html

Originally Posted By: F1

1st: 25 points (previously 25)
2nd: 18 points (previously 20)
3rd: 15 points (previously 15)
4th: 12 points (previously 10)
5th: 10 points (previously 8)
6th: 8 points (previously 6)
7th: 6 points (previously 5)
8th: 4 points (previously 3)
9th: 2 points (previously 2)
10th: 1 point (previously 1)

Again - dated 2nd Feb 2010
  • 1 month later...

The Chin:

Quote:
"Finally the season will start! I feel like a child looking forward to Christmas. The decision to make my comeback feels like a long time ago now and I can hardly wait for the season to get underway in Bahrain. It's funny to think that I will be competing in Formula One again when just a few months ago, I would have declined the opportunity categorically. But sometimes things change and the right circumstances come together. I feel fresher than I have for many years. I am perfectly prepared physically and most importantly, my energy is back completely. When I retired from racing in 2006, my batteries were simply empty. Now they are totally recharged and I am ready for the challenge. It is the competition at the highest level that only Formula One offers which has provided the temptation for me. It is always difficult to predict the form in pre-season testing, this year more than ever, but the final test in Barcelona proved to us that we should be competitive. We know that we will have more new parts in Bahrain which should bring extra performance to the car. It's important to be in the leading group from the start of the season and I am confident that we will be there."