• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: scouser
I used to thing binoculars were called 'big noculars'.

That's so cute.
Love it when kids stuff up like that!

Never forget my eldest got confused by my paternal grandparents and great grandma... Grandma remarried a fellow called Hugh...so we often said " We are going to Grandma and Hugh's"

He thought the trio were called 'You' (Hugh), 'Grandma Huge'(grandma) and 'Grape'(Great).
Originally Posted By: scouser
I much prefer Japanese trains. But cannot see any appeal in 'spotting' them.

The aim of "spotting" trains is to collect sightings of an entire set of the different ones. And, since they bring out new models (not quite as often as car makers do) there is a good growth industry in the lists.

Whatever rocks yer boat, is my view - Cannot see the sense of watching golf, soccer, fly fishing on TV, but some people like to do it. So long as they don't force me to join them, its OK.

All of the above are marginally less exciting that watching paint dry on a wet day! My 2cents.

So, Not a movie goer at all (been to just one in the last 15 years) so the reference didn't gel. trainspotters get their "highs" from seeing a model/version they've not seen before - no need for artificial highs.

Anyway, what has heroin addiction to do with trainspotting? Not a lot, unless you want to make a stupid movie.

That might be the reason I don't go to many - the "story" is all crap and the cinema's sound system is usually being overdriven so the sound comes out distorted, and all because the eejit driving the projector is a young, deaf fool.

Crusty old fella aint ya JA?!

I really enjoy going to the movies - it is a nice break from the every day...and I don't really care if the story is dumb, or foolish ... it is a little bit of escapism for an hour or so.

I am taking the boys to see Avatar next week sometime - I am sure that will be utter rubbish - but it sure beats taking them TRAINSPOTTING!

lol

Here's the quote from Trainspotting poster:

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f***ing big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of f***ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the f*** you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing f***ng junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f***ed up brats you spawned to replace yourself.

Choose your future.

Choose life.

Brilliant movie, very raw. Can't believe you haven't heard of it JA.

I'd go as far as to say that the movie 'Trainspotting' was as famous as the hobby itself. In fact I had never heard of the hobby 'transpotting' until after the movie came out.

Simple fact is that I cannot be bothered with movies. If that makes me a sad BOF, then OK, I'll wear that.

I tend to spend most of the time analysing the effects, camera angles and "how the heck did they do that?" stuff. The lame stories and the assumption that the entire audience wants 95dB through the speakers, and is happy to go home with ringing in the ears annoys the cr@p of me! (As it happens, I have tinnitus, so have a ringing in both ears 24/7).

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: JA
WOT?? Who ever mentioned "heroin addicts from Scotland" ?

head in sand alert!!
lol

Trainspotting was a good movie

correct. so passe now.