• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't noticed any sudden big increase in enquiries from Aus but quite a few who've already booked are requesting we take the final balance now whilst the exchange is good. Overall though enquiries and bookings have been very strong recently. There's certainly a hell of a lot more people coming to Niseko this season than last.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Haven't noticed any sudden big increase in enquiries from Aus but quite a few who've already booked are requesting we take the final balance now whilst the exchange is good. Overall though enquiries and bookings have been very strong recently. There's certainly a hell of a lot more people coming to Niseko this season than last.

GN, it's all in their favor and the chances are that the yen can weaken against all currencies (which will boost the AUD even further). They might be getting the property bug again as well.
It's good to have them throwing their money around to keep the locals happy (as long as they behave).

Checking the all important indicator the "Beer Index", a beer in Japan has gone from a high of $AUD 9.07 to now $AUD 5.88.

The phone should be rining off the hook!

(*Assuming a beer costs 500 yen)

Tell you what though if they haven't already booked they better get onto soon as we are starting to get pretty damned full from xmas through to end of Chinese New Year. Xmas/New Year pretty much at full capacity and CNY hardly even a studio left.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Tell you what though if they haven't already booked they better get onto soon as we are starting to get pretty damned full from xmas through to end of Chinese New Year. Xmas/New Year pretty much at full capacity and CNY hardly even a studio left.

Good for you GN. I just got my accommodation booked for the whole season up in Hakuba.

We are pretty happy with the direction of the AUD against the Yen right now - works for us smile

But we would be coming and spending whatever it was - just means we can be more spendy.

What is driving it is that we are the only economy that did not go into recession through the GFC. We are raising interest rates to keep a lid on inflation and slow the economy. We didn't lose any banks. Pretty stable all round really. So those that hold cash reserves are turning to the AUD a little more.

I am back in 2010 for three weeks, with the improved exchange rate, I may extend that to four yet. The one thing frustrating me the most is not being able to book domestic air tickets until two months out because our return trip is in one of the discount tickets exclusion periods. Its cheaper for me to fly to Hokkaido via Beijing or Seoul than it is direct at the moment.

Yes know the feeling Ski Bum.

I booked the flights 2 months ago, and agent still can't confirm internal flights,

Daughter has Diabetes and don't want too spend all day travelling.

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
Pound still cheap

I've never seen it that cheap.
57p to the $Aus. It has been around the 40-45 mark for decades.
With 90c to the $U.S. a lot of people will be heading to the states as well.

It will be a mass evacuation this summer.

just saw the aussie is $ 85.5yen this morning have been saving and waiting for the right time to buy might be monday not sure if it will get much higher but heaps better than last year it was $ 52yen

LOL Ski, throw in an average of 8 blood tests each day as well.

Whenever I drink, its no wonder I seem to spring leaks everywhere lol

the injections don't bother me at all, its the discipine required for the control.

i'd gladly have twice as many injections if the discipline wasnt needed