• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jynxx here are a couple for you.

The Japanese paragliding chapionships were held over the long weekend. An awesome spectacle to see so many gliders in the air.

TJ%20OZ_23.jpg

Looking afar we could see some hangliders charging around some outer peaks

TJ%20OZ_24.jpg

and the peak from the Happo ski area

TJ%20OZ_25.jpg

This is the scene you get after 45 minute climb from the Grat lift on Happo One.

TJ%20OZ_26.jpg

I love this place.

Originally Posted By: TJ OZ

This is the scene you get after 45 minute climb from the Grat lift on Happo One.
TJ%20OZ_26.jpg
I love this place.

wish I lived there!!! Just need to convince the missus....

That's Happo-no-ike ("Happo Pond"), isn't it? Hiked there in summer once and seem to remember there are some pretty hardy terrapins living in it...

What amazes me is how much more moutain there is above the top lift of Happo (which is about 2000 metres up itself).

SdS

Thats the southern end of the valley and the last area to turn. It is looking amazing at the moment with the autumn change. The lake usually freezes over in the winter. The ski areas of Sun Alpina, Aokiko and Kashimayari link up and there are some amazing views from the resort down to the lake and also this one looking into the Alps. I don't have an autumn picture of it. I have driven up to this area though and you can drive through another valley that leads into Omachi.

TJ%20OZ_29.JPG

Woke up to a foggy morning in Hakuba today. Cleared off quickly to show some new snow up on the back peaks TJ%20OZ_30.jpg

TJ%20OZ_31.jpg

A perfect day in Hakuba to have lunch outside on the balcony and soak up the warmth in the sun.

It's still Autumn and here are some pics of the first snowfalls of the season.

TJ%20OZ_33.jpg

Echoland sits at about 750mts ASL.

TJ%20OZ_34.jpg

This is the mid mountain area of Happo One.

We have some warm weather on its way so I would say that most of this snow will melt off however those who love their backcountry skiing will be over the moon with this snowfall and I am sure they will be up there very soon.

Originally Posted By: tripler
Originally Posted By: TJ OZ
This is the mid mountain area of Happo One.

Is the gondola running?

Just had a look out the front door and yes the gondie is going. The lifts will probably take you to the top of Happo as a lot of hikers head up there and beyond. I have to do more pruning to see the top lifts though.