The most expensive place you have stayed

So tell me what's the most expensive place you have stayed - whether you paid for it yourself or not.

The most until now for me is a 'measly' 40,000 yen each, though I'm sure people can beat me on that. Very nice it was though.

I'd be interested to know.

Cant recall how much they cost us, but the two toppers were the Herbert Park in Dublin, and Melville Castle in Edinburgh - I think Melville Castle was more expensive from recollection.

Both worth it.

Never stayed in any ultra-expensive place. There was one place I was at the Cotswold, and I recall it being "the most expensive" there. Someone else paid for that can't think how much it was now, but at the time it was mind-boggling. To me anyway. Can't see the point in spending huge amounts on a night in a hotel. Though I do like staying in nice places and if you feel it's worth it (and not the opposite) always fun.

Was the place in the Cotswolds like an old castle? I was shown that one and told our company president stayed there when he visited.

For me the most expensive was probably the hotel we used for the JET welcome conference in Shinjuku. I've never been to a proper top class hotel like the Ritz.

the most expensive places i've ever stayed would have to be the UK. and they weren't even nice places. everything's just expensive there.

50quid for a room in a faulty towers-esque B&B in newcastle when our van broke down over a bank holiday weekend. ahhh, a weekend i'll remember for a long time, although not for any good reasons!

50000~56000 Yen range. Japan. out of my pocket.

The most expensive place I've stayed must be the Penthouse condo (2 levels) with a heli-port in Four Seasons hotel, Seattle. I was upgraded. Had the whole place to myself. Work paid for that.

30 grand for one night, although thats the regular price, we had tickets for only 10 grand a night. Very nice it was too!! Yokohama Intercontinental Grand Hotel, the sail shaped one in Sakuragicho, very nice window overlooking the harbour in front of Landmark Tower

Don't think we actually need another thread but was interested also in what was the cheapest accomm you ever stayed in?

For me it was 4 of us sharing a room in a hotel in La Paz, Bolivia. Cost about 50c US each a night (back in '92)

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
30 grand for one night, although thats the regular price, we had tickets for only 10 grand a night. Very nice it was too!! Yokohama Intercontinental Grand Hotel, the sail shaped one in Sakuragicho, very nice window overlooking the harbour in front of Landmark Tower

I stayed there once for a translation conference next door. Nice breakfast! Many Japanese places do the buffet thing badly, but theirs was very good. The second night my missus went home and I stayed in some 5000 yen business hotel. It was full of translators because the Internet was free.

I never stayed there, but a friend rented a corner suite in the Ritz Carlton in Osaka for a private party when she got married. Its was stunning and the catering was top notch. It's well classy even in the public bits. Its worth going in and paying 200 yen more than normal for a coffee. If you get on the club floor, its free food and drink all day in the lounge. They serve four or five different meals.
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Don't think we actually need another thread but was interested also in what was the cheapest accomm you ever stayed in?
For me it was 4 of us sharing a room in a hotel in La Paz, Bolivia. Cost about 50c US each a night (back in '92)

beach bungalows in Ko Phagn Ngn in Thailand, stayed 5 days had breakfast and at least 1 other meal every day, 50 pounds for me AND my brother!!

I've stayed in some luxury hotels in Moscow which must have cost a lot of $$$.

In fact it was costing so much the company found it more economical to rent an apartment and only use it a few times a month than staying in the hotels.

Cheapest place.....I guess some backpackers in SE Asia c.1990

Landmark hotel penthouse on our wedding night paid for by the father in law as he couldn't come to the UK. Didn't ask how much it was but wife said we had to buy him an ace souvenir and gave him a vintage 82 Bordeaux.

Cheapest was on KO CHANG island in Western thailand Worked out to be 500yen a night for two.

I just spent 9 nights at thredbo, overlooking the Supertrail.

2 adults and 3 children.

At a mere A$1,142 per night, total cost was A$,10,278 or Y812,000 at today's rates.

and that was just for the accommodation, no food or lift tickets included!

view from the balcony:

windowview.jpg

Some of the most expensive

Brisbane, had to attend a meeting the best I could find for the night AU$560at the Hilton

Japan, Miyajima Island Grand Hotel, AU$550 per night

China - Holiday Inn near the Qingdao Airport

US, Quality Inn LA, nothing special either.

Next trip the Tomamu Twin Towers look to be the most expensive.

Originally Posted By: gareth_oau
I just spent 9 nights at thredbo, overlooking the Supertrail.

2 adults and 3 children.

At a mere A$1,142 per night, total cost was A$,10,278 or Y812,000 at today's rates.

and that was just for the accommodation, no food or lift tickets included!

view from the balcony:
windowview.jpg

Looking at the trees the Snowmaking would have been noisy