Apparently, there's a "boom" going on with heavily preggers ladies wanting to go out there and get professional model-like photos of them nuddy. 2-shots with tyhe husband as well (though he wasn't nude). They just did a thing on it on Bankisha. Seems there's a good katakana "maternity nude" phrase all ready to go too, マタニティーヌード

All seems a bit bonkers to me.

Any parents here done it or would be parents think it's a coold idea?

Originally Posted By: ausi ski bum
The sight of your wife pregnant is a very special and wonderful thing, I can see how you would want pictures, I know we have some.

I never found it that special or wonderful and never took any photos myself.

I saw that. They were in pro photo studios, all made up in wedding dresses (?) and tons of make up and hair-dos. Then the bloke came in for a "three shot" photo. Came across as a bit strange.

Seems like pregnant women have had to hide the fact that they're pregnant to a certain extent in Japan. --Like they're reluctant to go swimming or to an onsen just because they're showing a bit. Opening up about it a bit could only be a good thing.

Originally Posted By: .co.jp
Does that not apply in other countries?

Not sure coz I honestly don't feel like I've been to many other countries recently. I hear that in the US pregnant women show lots of skin, or at least their curves through tight clothing when they're pregnant.

Although Papa was passionate about how sexy it was when I was pregnant I never felt anything but frumpy and yucko - we do not have any posed photo's in the raw. I did take a few clothed belly shots a few months apart and just before leaving to go to the hospital with the first. But they are like 'baby photo's', and are fully clothed.

Not really something I think should be published for others to share - if it is important to YOU, ok do it. But do ya need to share?

Originally Posted By: brit-gob
I heard Mamabear was planning another 3 kids, so there's plenty of chance left....

I think I would sue someone if I got pregnant again!
Lord NO!
When my eldest is driving around with a full beard then it is time to accept the next baby in MY life is gonna be a grandchild!

I'm currently really struggling to understand how anyone would actually want to go through having another kid after the first one. I certainly haven't found it to be an incredibly great experience. I believe it gets better when they get older (hope so!) but hell there's really no way I'd want to go through all this again!!