If you don't want to search or don't know what you are searching for, veronica, here it is

Eduardo was an Arsenal player and suffered a similar kind of injury.

Here's the Alan Smith one

I seem to remember Cisse had a bad one too where his ankle just kind of snapped off while he was running - bizarre. Amazing that he came back from that.

David Busst's leg break against Man U for Coventry was nasty, can't seem to find a video that shows the horror of the leg break though....probably all for the better though!!

I agree.

And from the sidelines of little kids rugby I see kids deliberately stamping down on other kids legs/heads - not from our team (we take a lot of time to instill in the boys that they play hard, but they play respectfully like gentlemen) - but some of the opposing teams are just appalling.

Usually it is just tears and bruises, the odd appearance of blood - but when you see THIS kind of clip it makes you wonder what the field is going to be like with those same kids once they are adult size and speed...

Scary.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
I wonder what the pain feels like..........

Depends on the injury, but when I had my right foot crushed flat nearly every bone broken, to start with I didn't feel anything, kind of a strange feeling, although I couldn't stand on my foot, it didn't hurt, it was about 30 mins after when the pain kicked in, never felt anything like it in my life. Had to be given loads of morphine to kill the pain once I got to hospital!

Depends on the degree of the injury, as you probably know sometimes a smaller injury can hurt less than a bigger one at the start, because your body shuts down the pain recepters temporarly if the injury is to big, so I was told by the hospital!

How did your foot get crushed like that snowdude?

I have not broken much - jaw under anaesthetic by heavy handed oral surgeon removing wisdom teeth (took lots of drugs for weeks after that).

And rib from a snowboarding fall in Zermatt in January - that hurt when I moved, breathed, coughed but it didnt stop me getting out there!

My youngest (9) has broken the same arm 3 times. I reckon a broken arm or leg would hurt more than a rib or jaw. And a foot would really suck - coz it would effect almost everything.

All 3 times my oldest son double bounced him on the trampoline and the little one went flying thru the air and landed on the same arm (right hand dominant - so right hand down - big buckle in his right tib and fib).

On the 3rd emergency trip to the childrens hospital the social workers separated us and interviewed us both to make sure he wasnt being abused!! I told the social worker I would be most happy to bring in the eldest child for chastising as clearly he had not learnt anything from ME!

The little one no longer gets on a trampoline with his brother.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
How did your foot get crushed like that snowdude?

Was an industrial accident, had a 500kg press tool fall from the tressels onto my foot!