It is autumn here - but I *AM* doing a bit of spring cleaning. Got a big skip bin delivered to chuck out heaps of *stuff*, would like to declutter a bit.

I will however have the 2 weeks from Easter off because it is a school holidays - no interpreting work booked at all during that period, but might have to do a little bit of electoral work. YAY for school holidays.

Well..yes it is...but I shall take it with good humour because it means that snow is on its way for Aus and that means I get to go and play in it again. And that is a good thing smile

I'm on compulsory (and bloody unpaid!!) leave from April 10 until April 28. My job is 21 hours a week and ONLY during school term time. Last day is Maundy Thursday and first day is Wednesday 2 weeks later.

Still, I guess that will give me time to get the olive press ready, harvest a few olives and make oil from them or get them into brine for table fruit, and maybe even make some money by pressing olives for other people.

No rest for us old fogeys!

No problem...

upon accepting an offer from a young(ish)lady (with whom I still reside 15 years later!) to assist her with a property she'd bought, we looked at various options to make use of the huge area of 2,5 hectares.

We looked at grapes and olives - decided that grapes were too time specific (you have a very small window of opportunity to carry out the management operations like pruning etc) and there were a few acquaintances investing in olives at the time. We decided to join them. Simple, really. Actually very glad that we decided not to go with grapes, given the glut of grapes over the most recent few tears in Oz.

We have since noted that they are more work than the promoters (who happened to be the people selling the plants - surprise!)told us at the time. True, there is a lot of lattitude in time, but there's also a fair bit of management work required.

Now, it keeps me from the pub (no great drama there, rather drink at home anyways) and gives me some income in my semi-retirement.

Not quite sure, depends on a few things.

I'm not feeling the need for Kagura at all somehow, might make a slightly longer trip to Nozawa or maybe even Shiga Kogen. Will decide tomorrow morning.

Hopoe you get some good shots, and that we get a chance to see a few. You have an awesome canvas, and the ability to paint some really nice images.

Originally Posted By: brit-gob
Funny wake up early when I don't have to and find it hard to when I must.

that was me today, woke up at 7.30am sadface

at least its a beautiful day

Been busy skiing in Shiga Kogen and Hakuba.

Great few days. Just really cream crackered right now and 3 hours drive back home.

Took tons of pics can't wait to get them on my computer.