• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Posh Spice has landed a £3million contract on American Idol, replacing Paula Abdul, but bosses of the hit show are still worried about her image.

The 35-year-old has been given the stamp of approval by judge Simon Cowell and the maker of the show, Simon Fuller.

But channel executives at Fox are concerned her skinny frame and British accent may put off US viewers.

Posh it is then.
  • 4 weeks later...
Quote:
The comedian and talkshow host Ellen DeGeneres will take over from Paula Abdul as the fourth judge on the new series of American Idol.

Abdul, who had been a judge for the first eight seasons of the Fox show, confirmed she was stepping down last month.

DeGeneres will join Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi after the auditions on the ninth season of the hit talent show.

"I'm thrilled to be the new judge on American Idol," said DeGeneres. "I've watched since the beginning, and I've always been a huge fan. So getting this job is a dream come true, and think of all the money I'll save from not having to text in my vote."

Simon Fuller, creator and executive producer of American Idol, said DeGeneres's "love of music and understanding of the American public will bring a unique human touch to our judging panel".

DeGeneres's appointment sparked much debate among viewers of the US show, with some viewers wondering if she had the necessary gravitas to join the judging panel.

"Is she going to be a real judge or some kind of joke?" asked one American Idol blogger. "She's a comedian, not a singer or a musician. I'm kinda flummoxed here." However, others said she would give the show new life.

DeGeneres's sitcom Ellen ran from 1994 to 1998 and her syndicated daytime talkshow broadcast its 1,000th episode earlier this year.

Heyyup what happened to Posh Spice?