Hard to imagine!

Quote:
A woman has given birth to eight babies in the world's second only live-born set of octuplets.

The mother, from Southern California, who has not been identified, gave birth to six boys and two girls weighing between 1 pound, 8 ounces (680 grams) and 3 pounds, 4 ounces (1.474 kilograms), doctors at Kaiser Permanante Bellflower Medical Center said last night.

The hospital had scheduled a Caesarean section for seven babies, but doctors were surprised by the eighth.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
If I was the father and found out anything more than 3 were on the way I'd be doing a runner!

Make sure you picked up your baby bonus first.

If she was in Oz. They would be getting around $40 000. Not that it would help much.

Actually yes you can get a baby bonus from the local ward office, at least here in Tokyo you can or could! When we had our child we received a bonus/handout or what ever you wish to call it from the local ward office! Forget how much it was though!

Not sure if this is multiplied by the number of babies though or just one sum regardless of how many babies!

you get about 350,000yen when you have a baby but you have to use it to pay for the delivery, which usually costs around 300,000yen depending on where you go. you can do it at home for free of course, au naturale.

I know someone who had 4 babies at the same time. I spoke with her yesterday actually and mentioned this. She was shocked and said 4 was bad enough. Imagine 8 babies coming out?! veryshocked

8 infants have gotta put a strain on the body! That is amazing and scary all at the same time. Of course deliverywise we are talking caesarean delivery, so they get dragged out one at a time by the delivering doctor through the incision - the mother would not probably have felt any extra distress than having one caeser birth - but I think that would be the only thing not much harder/riskier/ or more exhausting!

I saw a report on German Telly last week saying that something like 50 major corporation in Japan are turning off the heat and the lights and sending staff home early 3 nights a week to go home and procreate... so maybe more baby bonuses will be just around the corner.

Our Aus baby bonus is means tested, so by the time it was introduced I did not meet the criteria. Could have done with all the help we could get with the first kid, but there was little support out there then. Cest la Vie. Just found out today that hubbys sis is preggers with her 10th - she gets the bonuses...but all hers are singles.

Boy. The mind boggles. Four is plenty for me. We are flat out educating and looking after that number of kids, any more than that I would be cutting corners.