Anyone hear about this ? That has to have sucked! Both the dangling and the pants issue.

Luckily he was rescued, and suffered no significant physical harm. Future litigation will determine how much emotional harm he thinks was done to him!

Some people do anything to get attention!

But in all seriousness I think lifts around the world do have problems.

One thing I have found in Japan is that the lifts at several of the resorts I have been to are too low to the ground so when I get off the lift at the top I have to make sure that I am a fair way forward so that the tops of my boots don't get caught under the bottom of the chair as I get off. I have been caught out like that in the past, and have complained about it, but they just say there is nothing that can be done. I didn't get injured or anything, just that I ended up getting pushed by the lift as the top of my boots got stuck under the chair until the snow slopes away allowing me to freely go down.

No I always make sure that I am half off the chair before I get off, then no problem.

Not sure if anyone else has found this problem or is it my boots are just too big?

This has circulated by email already down here in Australia! Classic. As a liftie in Steamboat we saw LOTS of people get themselves into trouble by not paying attention. Also helped a couple of people get into trouble if they were being obnoxious.....;)

Originally Posted By: snowdude

One thing I have found in Japan is that the lifts at several of the resorts I have been to are too low to the ground so when I get off the lift at the top I have to make sure that I am a fair way forward so that the tops of my boots don't get caught under the bottom of the chair as I get off. I have been caught out like that in the past, and have complained about it, but they just say there is nothing that can be done. I didn't get injured or anything, just that I ended up getting pushed by the lift as the top of my boots got stuck under the chair until the snow slopes away allowing me to freely go down.

No I always make sure that I am half off the chair before I get off, then no problem.

Not sure if anyone else has found this problem or is it my boots are just too big?

Yep. I was getting on the lift at Rusutsu with my mate. He had some high back
Burton bindings on his board. The lift was too low to the ground and crunched his binding. It was trashed.
I've also seen a child fall from a chair lift. Splat. 8 meters or so.

I get that too. I am used to dropping the highback now, and instead of just sitting when the chair touches the back of my legs, I consciously keep my unstrapped leg unbent at the knee out in front of me when I sit down - like a Cossack dancer. I still feel the chair bottom out on the strapped-in foot sometimes though, but no crushed free foot being all twisted and bent under the chair!

I had a liftie at Rusutsu wait until the chair was about to reach me before shouting, "highback! highback!" This of course resulted in me looking down, getting knocked over and overrun by the chair, and the liftie pressing the red button. Tell me earlier, fool!

At least my pants didn't fall down!

._.

Ever thought you were just too tall? ^_^;
Though, I do always find Japanese kitchen counters a bit too low...

Well yeah that could be it, but I am only 183cm....must be my size 30cm boots are to damn big, oh well, I am used to the lifts now, only got caught out in the early days, lol!

I have had a foot caught under a low chair in Japan also, mainly because the goofy offspring next to me kicked his board backwards before I held mine out in front. I also ALWAYS fold the high back binding down over the straps and on Japan low lifts hold the board out in front as soon as possible.

Shocker of a fall though, isnt it?

I am always telling my boys off for lifting safety bars before we come over safety nets or in safe zones....it is the mother in me...I can just see my 9 yr old falling!