• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This year I thought I would create a special "Cheese at Resorts" Gallery.   At the moment, myself along with Cheesewoman, Cheesegirl and Cheeseboy are at Nozawa Onsen in Nagano. Lovely place, but

A tale of 4 baby cheeses - Pt 1   I heard a small voice calling to me from the convini at Furano, it sounded like it was coming from a 4 pack of baby cheese. The cheese asked me for a ride to the s

Ok, the Horuyoi I understand coz you must have had a chick along... but the Nodogoshi? Wtf, I thought only homeless dudes drank that!! And, aren't those cans a little small for proper hanami viewing

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
You guys set the bar Muika, mine was just a pale comparison. Must admit though love the direction you guys took this.

No mate, what made yours so good is that Cheezy interacted with other people and took a life of its own.
You shameless bugga, lol wink thumbsup

Just saw something really disturbing. Cheese not being treated equally, but served up on platters to rich non ski orientated diners in a flash Chinese restaurant . Incredible, sad times, then even worse, some made into cake. :( :( :(

(PS it tasted good too wink smile smile )

Stinky in Niseko - The adventures of your favorite Chinese Cheese Pt. 2

Well it was an eventful trip for Stinky and Pete as the 1st snow for the season fell on Beijing the morning they were due to fly. It was OK for stinky as he was stashed safely in my board bag but this is not what you want to see when you are at the airport, with only a 2 hr connection in Tokyo.

panhead_pete_114.JPG

Needless to say we where about an hr late taking off so thought my connection would be problematic in Tokyo. By the way I can see why JAL are struggling. This is the plane during flight. Even Stinky could have got a seat but was stowing away with the bags - too tight to pay for a ticket.

panhead_pete_115.JPG

JAL were awesome though and rushed us through Immigration and Customs which was lucky as I wasn't sure if Stinky would be welcome. After a flight to Sapporo it was the bus to Niseko. I tried to get stinky out of the bag to join the parade behind the girl with the flag leading us to the bus but he said it was so lame to be seen that way and wouldnt.

Anyway we have moved into the Kanon Pension which is great, here is Stinky hanging in the dining room after breakfast.

panhead_pete_116.JPG

Now it had been snowing over night Stinky was keen to get on the mountain as I was. Soon as we had the lift pass sorted we were there and what a great 1st day we had. Powder!

panhead_pete_119.JPG

The trees were fun and he kept pushing me to get amongst it. Being the friendly bugger he was waving to everyone from the lifts.

panhead_pete_118.JPG

So we stopped for a coffee and pic opportunity. The scenery here is sublime!

panhead_pete_120.JPG

As luck would have it we meet two cool older Aissie dudes who offered to take us on a bit of a tour and show us some nice stashes of pow. Having never been here it was great and that All Mountain Pass got a great work out. It was excellent although towards lunch they got a little hungry and for a minute I got a little worried for Stinky's safety.

panhead_pete_122.JPG

After cruising around for another couple hours it was time for a smorgasbord lunch which was great value at 1800 Yen. All you can eat with coffee and ice cream, winner. Stinky scoffed out.

panhead_pete_123.JPG

After that we did a few more runs and are about to have a nana nap before going out for a few quiet ones tonight.

More adventures of Stinky will continue, although some cracks are starting to appear and Im not sure he'll go the distance. Will Stinky make it to Hakuba? Stay tuned for the next exciting adventure of Stinky, you favorite snowboarding Chinese cheese.

OK so I took some cheese to Hakuba to see the reindeer there.

"Uh?! Someone say cheese?!"

muikabochi_2927.JPG

"Where is it? Hold on a sec, need a wee."

muikabochi_2929.JPG

"Ahhh, ok done the wee. Give me cheese!"

muikabochi_2928.JPG

"No, it's mine... I want it"

muikabochi_2932.JPG

"Looks better than that official food stuff they give us"

muikabochi_2930.JPG

"Mmmm, give up"

muikabochi_2931.JPG

Looking on longingly at cheese

muikabochi_2925.JPG

Stroppy

muikabochi_2924.JPG

Cheese chills out while deciding which Hakuba t-shirt to buy.

muikabochi_2926.JPG