It wasn't that long ago when I had the aircon on but yesterday I got a sweater out and put a jacket on this morning. Was even thinking of getting the heater our for that first smelly outing. Anyone heating already?

Got my heaters out over the weekend and tried them out with the windows open.

It's that time of year when you 'should' be wearing a jacket and get looked at like a madman when you go out in a t-shirt.

Samukunai desu ka?

Today was the first time I've worn trousers to work since April. I still wore a t-shirt but it was a little on the cold side. Won't be long until I have to wear a Jacket. I haven't got the heaters out but I was thinking about it last night

Yeah...its not really officially ok with the company I work for, but the regular school teachers wear even worse shit than me, scabby t-shirts and cut off shorts and footy strips. I don't dumb down that much but shorts and t-shirts in the hot months!! Its actually great

well probably not the best way to answer after saying its the first time I've worn trousers to work since April naughty

but (in the same totally innnocent and sincere manner of 2pints) yeah the kids are cool!!

1st graders ask the best questions.....

"Why do you have hair on the side of your head but not the top?"

"How do you wash your face in the morning with such a big nose?"

"Are you married? Why not, my mum is younger than you and is married with 3 kids!"

"Why do you have blue eyes?"

lol

No heater on for me yet. Have to start getting below freezing overnight and not much above during the day to start cranking out the heat. We keep the blinds open on the west side of the house during the day which keeps it pretty warm as long as the sun comes out. At least my heater isn't smelly, we installed a central hydronic heating system and it produces a really nice warmth with none of the fumes or smells.

By the sounds of it, most of you guys use oil heaters. Am I gonna go broke using my (brand new) gas heater? I thought it was a plus when I took the joint. Gas is cheap in Aus. I got a little electric blower unit. Use that instead? I don't dig the kero stink.

Originally Posted By: Greenroome
By the sounds of it, most of you guys use oil heaters. Am I gonna go broke using my (brand new) gas heater? I thought it was a plus when I took the joint. Gas is cheap in Aus. I got a little electric blower unit. Use that instead? I don't dig the kero stink.

Gas is ideal, better than kero and much better than electricity. Like GN, we have central heating. The memsahib ran it for the first time last night. I have a kero heater in the garage, where it belongs.

Any live flame is going to create condensation. Typically:

4O2 + CH4 ----> CO2 + 2H2O + heat

Cost issues aside, I far prefer gas. But my first gas bill for three weeks for two people using gas for (reasonably short) showers only was 6000 yen. That's twice my electricity bill for the same period.

Not big figures, it's true. Just out of interest.