• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow that is big.   Who gets to eat it?

eet's mine juu mether fackers....!!!

OH NOOO!!!! We all need to get our Muslamic ray guns!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU

A 67-year-old woman drove for 900 miles over the course of two days because of a GPS error combined with her complete lack of attention. Her actual destination was only 90 miles away.

The woman, 67-year-old Sabine Moreau, started her journey in her home town of Hainault Erquelinnes, Belgium. She wanted to pick up a friend at a train station in Brussels, just 93 miles north from her point of origin. But instead, she turned on her GPS, which told her to drive south, taking her turn by turn all the way down to Zagreb, in Croatia. Instead of a couple hours in the car, she spent a couple days to cover the 900 miles that separates both points in Europe.

During Sabine's odyssey, she stopped two times to get gas, slept for a few hours on the side of the road, and even suffered a minor car accident.

Sounds good. There was a moron on the M25 who just went round and round for a week or something 'cos he got lost. The police got him home after they spotted the registration plate millions of times on the CCTV.

"Harvard geneticist George Church recently told Der Spiegel he's close to developing the necessary technology to clone a Neanderthal, at which point all he'd need is an "adventurous human woman" to act as a surrogate mother."

It's not out of the question at all. As MIT Technology Review's Susan Young points out, scientists cloned an extinct subspecies of ibex in 2009. It died immediately, sure. But they still cloned it.

What would that entail? According to a 2008 study of a Neanderthal infant skeleton (from which the above image is taken), "the head of the Neanderthal newborn was somewhat longer than that of a human newborn because of its relatively robust face," and Neanderthal women generally had a wider birth canal than human women. Neanderthal birth was simpler than human birth, because Neanderthal infants didn't have to rotate to get to the birth canal, but otherwise the processes were very similar. (Even so, I imagine all but the most adventurous of human women would opt for a C-section in this case.)

Once the baby's out, though, you're in good shape — Neanderthal babies are thought to have grown much more quickly than their human counterparts. And Church seems to think that there'll be a Neanderthal craze, as he told Bloomberg Businessweek last year:

"We have lots of Neanderthal parts around the lab. We are creating Neanderthal cells. Let's say someone has a healthy, normal Neanderthal baby. Well, then, everyone will want to have a Neanderthal kid. Were they superstrong or supersmart? Who knows? But there's one way to find out."

There are plenty of Neaderthals roaming around our major cities without having been cloned! Or, maybe they were, and we've been misled!

Reminds me of a retarded comment I heard yesterday. A Japanese woman commented on my small cute face (head) and then proceeded to add in all seriousness that the "Japanese" head is bigger because it's needed to house the bigger brain. I said...well yes...you must be a genius judging from the huge size of your head.....and walked away. I'm not sure if she caught it or not.

• Like 1

I actually remember some genetic research done on neanderthal DNA and it think it may still be present in some places around the world.

Neanderthals were superior in some ways to modern humans. eg. stronger bones i think..

• Like 1

I actually remember some genetic research done on neanderthal DNA and it think it may still be present in some places around the world.

Yep, in some places surrounding Canberra and Malbun! :p

Do people who make sure comments not even faintly realise how it sounds?!

:lol:

Ya...I had to squint at her for a few seconds...waiting for some punchline to surface. 。。。。。No....? OK douchebag ,,, allow me (the dolt) to retort.

Neanderthals were superior in some ways to modern humans. eg. stronger bones i think..

The DNA shows itself at World Cup games.

I may be mistaken because I am recalling this from high school evolution studies, but wasnt the capacity of the skull similar to modern humans but the the folding of the brain to provide more surface area that provided the ability to move forward intellectually? Ahhh...what would I know, I paid much more attention in Human Biol than Evolution ;)

US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta has decided to lift the military's ban on women serving in combat, a senior Pentagon official has said.

The move could open hundreds of thousands of frontline positions and elite commando jobs to women.

It overturns a 1994 rule prohibiting women from being assigned to small ground-combat units.

But the military would have until 2016 to argue for any specific posts they think should remained closed to women.

The decision is expected to be formally announced on Thursday.

Imagine a commando, getting ready for a week-long deployment behind "enemy" lines "Does my bum look big in this?" OR ... "Where will I put all my makeup and hair conditioner? Hardly room for the clothes and ammunition!"