The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But seriously. He will sell a truck load of shirts and other merchandising, so paying a wad of cash for him will probably bring in the money that way. If they have the skillful coaches and management, they might be able to whip him into shape (you know, slave and all) and he might surprise us on the field too. They can't really lose when you think about it.

This is Citeh though, so not too confident at their ability to coach him back to the goofy ronnie we know and love(d).

Then perhaps he could move to a decent team.

Well, if they pay 20M for him I dont think they will get that back in merchandising etc. And I doubt even Sir Alex could whip him into shape. We've seen it all before too many times with these aging megastars, they never get it back together.

Quote:
Watford defender Danny Shittu says he is still keen on a move to Rangers despite blaming the Ibrox club for the collapse of the deal.

The 27-year-old travelled to Glasgow last weekend to finalise the transfer after the clubs agreed a £1.5m fee.

He's really Shittu.

Guffaw.

If Sir Fergie had 15 minutes with Goofy and looked in his eyes, those eyes along with the Footballing Gods would tell Sir Fergie what he needed to know about Goofy - that is, whether Goofy just wants to party on and earn a ton or once again become that sensational player he was.

If the latter, I say Fergie should buy and do his magic once more. 3-4 months and it is potentially possible.

Then again perhaps Sir Fergie just ain't interested and/or doesn't like the Goofy circus. He knows best.

Quote:
Manchester City have lost out to Italian side AC Milan in the race to sign Barcelona playmaker Ronaldinho.

"AC Milan and Barcelona have reached an agreement in principle over the transfer of Ronaldinho," the Serie A club said on their website.

"The player will be in Milan on Wednesday to undergo a medical and sign a contract that will keep him at Milan until 30 June 2011."

City had reportedly bid £2576475 million for the 28-year-old Brazilian, but they're shite so not matter how much they had no chance really

What a surprise.
Let's hope the medical doesn't include a 'metabo' check!

The lure of tons of cash must have been strong but wait a minite they are now saying that Citeh wanted to pay 50% of his salary not in doughnuts but performance based.... so he would need to be good to get his doughy hands on it all.

lol

What a larf.

I like Giggs. Not many like him around these days.

Not sure what to make of this though, Robbie Keane?

Quote:
LIVERPOOL are ready to make Robbie Keane one of the world’s costliest players this week.

The Merseyside giants are willing to spend an incredible ï½£20million to land the 28-year-old Spurs striker.

That would take his career transfer value close to a monster 」60m, hot on the heels of Chelsea’s Nicolas Anelka and Hernan Crespo.

confused

I dont see how he is going to compliment torres. i thought Crouch was perfect foil for torres actually. Anyway, isnt gerrard up front with torres these days?

Looks like the Barry deal is falling through too.

I thought things would spark off after the Euros but it hasn't really has it. There will probably be a sudden flurry of transfers.

Whats the latest on Ronnie Ronaldo?