Amecican Dad / Family Guy

Anyone seen this animation. Just seen a few episodes and found it really funny.

Family Guy is good too from what I've seen.

Are they consistently good?

Saw a short piece of one of them, forget which but it don't matter much. What a waste of electrons! Typical Amreican attempts at humour - sadly falling flat.

But, someone will probably defend them by quoting what one of the characters "said" - hey, it is ONLY A CARTOON!

Originally Posted By: JA
Saw a short piece of one of them, forget which but it don't matter much. What a waste of electrons! Typical Amreican attempts at humour - sadly falling flat.

But, someone will probably defend them by quoting what one of the characters "said" - hey, it is ONLY A CARTOON!

I'm with you JA! wakaranai.gif
They must appeal to the younger generation - you know the ones that grew up with The Simpsons!!! LOL! lol.gif

Something about the humor to me is just 'off', disrespectful - mind you I will wet myself over disrespectful but v funny stand up - maybe it is just that I don't like the delivery from animated characters! ;\)

I've only seen them on the plane as well.... actually I thought Family Guy seemed quite funny. Thats the one with the talking dog, right?

Futurama is the best cartoon for me.

American Dad is not particularly funny. Family Guy is consistently good, but a lot of the jokes are topical, and if you see an episode outside of the historical context, sometimes the jokes get lost.

I can imagine non-Americans not finding either of these programs funny - sort of like how most Americans didn't find Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Red Dwarf, Hitchhiker's Guide, etc. funny.

Mama,

Must be something to do with the shared british heritage?

We had to get SOMETHING of use from the empire! lol.gif

Originally Posted By: JA
Mama,
Must be something to do with the shared british heritage?

We had to get SOMETHING of use from the empire! lol.gif

you got to live in Australia!!!
why oh why didn't the UK swap rainy old blighty for Oz and leave the crims on rain sodden blighty?!!

;\)

Ive seen a season of Family Guy and found some of it pretty funny - some of it I didnt get, maybe living outside the country for close to a decade would do that? Joking about this and that, him and her, just dont get it...Simpsons I really like though, always makes me laugh.

Scrubs too, I love that show thumbsup.gif

Yeah, but they are still cartoons! With someone unknown (or sometimes 'famous') reading the lines. Please don't start quoting "Homer said:..." stuff, he's a drawing!

Nah, just a BOF (boring old f@rt) who'd rather have fun without stupid cartoons! I actually rather make my own fun - don't need to be 'entertained' by the terebi.

Are you looking down on those who are entertained by terebi (watch, not need)?

I'm not stuck in front of it watch, I'm quite selective, but some things are a good watch. Futurama / Simpsons included.

"New" Futurama episodes airing from 23 March 2008 - actually, they are 16 TV episodes recut from the 4 straight-to-DVD movies produced after the cancellation of the original FOX production.

But still - hooray!