• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JR has every year a special 1 day trip pack to kagura including shink tickets + 1 day Kagura/Naeba lift ticket + rental discount.

I am not sure about this years price but it used to be around 9000 yen.

Better check it at a JR travel agency.

Originally Posted By: SerreChe
One of my colleagues went to Kagura last w/e.
1h in the queue for the ticket + 1h for the gondie + packed slopes.
Can wait for additional snow and other resorts to open up.
It will be less congested.

I am thinking of going up there on Friday SC.
When is going to be your next time up?
  • SnowJapan Admin

The resort bus if from the station west exit but I think there are public buses as well which will be from the east exit.

Just updated our office webcam to update every 10 minutes (it was @ 30 minutes before):

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/daily/webcam/niigata/yuzawa-town-webcam.html

There are 2 buses from the station. One at the west exit run privetly by the resorts and one living from the east exit which is the local buses. From what I can remember, if you take the first sink up to Echigo-Yuzawa station, you arrive too early for the west exit buses so go straight to the east exit.

Just noticed, check the Echigo-yuzawa station webcam.

The waiting line for the bus going towards mitsumata(kagura) is exactly at the centre of the camera, under the red (helpfully white in a little wile) piazza.

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/daily/webcam/niigata/yuzawa-town-webcam.html

SJ#1, is there a way to embed the webcams to a thread?

• SnowJapan Admin

We've made it so all the admin/mods get automatic links when you post their names (SJ#1, etc). Hopefully make it easier for people to contact us if need be.

Also, if you type in any of the Now page names, they now automatically link up to the Now pages without you needing to find the link.

For example, just type in "Niseko" and "Now" and it will turn into a link to that page on SJ. Try it!

Niseko Now

Furano Now

Yuzawa Now

Naeba Now

Minakami Now

Myoko Now

Hakuba Now

Shiga Kogen Now

Nozawa Now

\:\)

Tsonda, not this w/e for me. Got the outlaws in town, so no boarding. I should be full on for the rest of the winter after that. I am actually thinking to go up to hokkaido for the holidays but probably will end-up going to Yuzawa. More resorts should be opening up around mid dec as well so hopefully less concentration on a few resorts. Think Kagura just got another 40-50cm up top today. This w/e should be fun. Hope you get there early smile.gif. Enjoy!

It should be OK on Friday and I am not crazy enough to stay for Saturday also. After this weekend probably next time up at kagura will be on the weekend before Christmas, what's your plans around that time?

By the way, we will be in Hakuba for the new years holls, why don't you take the wife and join us there? smile.gif