If someone told me last night that I would be riding balls deep powder in mitsumata today I would probably reply “ yeah right, in my dreams”. Occasionally though dreams come true!!!

Mitsumata area didn’t open last year before the second weekend of December, and even when it opened it was not completely covered, with rocks and sasa outcropping on the slop. Today it was completely covered, with more than 50 cm fresh powder on top!

Above the mitsumata park, some of the lines done by me. smile.gif tsondaboy_101.JPG

I was slashing this slope all morning, when I came back in the afternoon, they had roped it out! grin.gif tsondaboy_102.JPG

lines to get on the Mitsumata #1 high speed lift. Fortunately they had a 1 person line to the right, so I was jumping in front of the line all the time. tsondaboy_103.JPG

Kagura main gelende, was operating with artificial snow in last years opening. Notice the amount of snow that has accumulated over night on the platform! \:o tsondaboy_105.JPG

photo of kagura taken from the mitsumata #3 romance lift tsondaboy_106.JPG

Mitsumata parking lot on the way down, completely full. Anyone driving up there this weekend make sure you are there before 8! tsondaboy_108.JPG

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first impression when I arrived in the parking lot this morning was “what the f*** am I doing here!”.

The line to buy a lift ticket was reaching to the parking entrance!!! eek.gif

I was a bit cheeky though and jumped the line a little bit... whistle.gif

... a lot actually! grin.gif

So got on the gondola in 15 minutes.

Hi Tsonda,

went on saturday. Usual insane crowds.

Got there at around 7h45.

Had to queue around 40mins to get a tix.

I then went to the top and started hiking solo to get away from the crowds.

I then met montoya at the top of the mountain and rode with them the rest of the day.

Snow was in excellent condition but was starting to get a bit heavy towards the end of the day.

I would say, 1800m upwards is sasa-free, lower down needs a couple good dumps to be easily rideable.

Can't believe I was able to ride some pow that early in the season. Was great weather with great vistas as well.

Haks wasnt bad! 50cms of light snow on a 50cm base. Skied 700 vertical meters of powder on my second run. The whole mountain was a free for all.

Ill let cb post the TR as my cyber stalkers will more than likely take it over.

n890405050_1738993_2251.jpg

Tsugaike is open that is good for your girl if that is what you are looking for.

PS cb skied really shockingly well! I have never seen him push that hard before even mid season. He popped a 3 to 4meter long jump beside me that I didnt even know was there! Was pretty stoked to see that. The boy has come full circle.