Going snowboarding in Japan? Prepare to be fingerprinted...

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I thought I'd add my two yen.

When I went thru immigration in February, there was maybe 15-20 seconds added to the process for me. The big wait were the two dudes from Singapore with travel document/visa irregularities blocking up the two "Foreign Passports" lines.

Originally Posted By: kokodoko
No forms. just the standard immigration one.

I had to fill out an additional "customs declaration" in addition to the regular tan immigration form this time. No headache - just another minute whilst sitting on the plane doing nothing.

The camera box was done up with a pretty border - it was like a purikura booth without the curtain!

I might have missed this, but do we need to register the first time or something? From what I have heard it seems to be rather simple and unintrusive.

I'll be taking a trip in May, so that'll be my first time with this.

My main fear is that they close the "Re-entry Permit Holders" line at Narita due to under use. When I returned recently, the "Foreign" & "Japanese" passports queues were both very long but I just breezed through in about 60 seconds. I had warned my girlfriend that she might have to wait for me, but in the end it was the other way around. I still think it's an unreasonable measure, and definitely a nuisance for non-residents, but if you have a re-entry permit and are coming through Narita (I think it's the only place with such a counter), it's a piece of cake