• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there - Hisashiburi.

Got some snow pics the week before last on a trip that renewed my faith in NZ skiing. Pics are on and around Mt Cheeseman. Seems you have to click on them to see the bigger picture.

img0783rs0.th.jpg

img0838zs3.th.jpg

img0789zp3.th.jpg

img0795iv4.th.jpg

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Nice! clap.gif So I take it NZ recovered after a slow start to the season?

Not really a recovery just a last gasp before it died completely. Most of the club fields are closed now. Hopefully we will get one more trip to snowpark or somewhere to do some parkin before the end.

Hokkaido had it's first frosts last night with temperatures close to freezing in many inland areas. Here in Kutchan we got down to 5.8 degrees. Normally we get our first freezing temps here in about the second week of October.

Last season was very hot well into september without any respite, and everything felt like it was 1 month behind schedule.

This year we got some spells of fresh air starting in mid-august.

Not sure it means anything, but hoping that it bodes well for this season.

Getting down to around 13oC here in Gunma now at night, it won't be long now. Even in Tokyo the air is cooling a lot from what it was.

Some of the higher mountains in Hokkaido may well get snow this week!

Finally nice to loose that terrible heat which I hate.

I'm still going with what I told you all a few weeks ago that this winter is going to be a cold one.

Originally Posted By: d-spin
Snowdude, high stuff in Hokkaido has snow now. Click link in my other post.

I'm sure it has!

Isn't it nice to see some white already!

Those living in Hokkaido are lucky as you always get to see white first, it will arrive at the rest of us soon though. Yipeee!
  • 3 weeks later...