Snowave never owned but rented space in it. Pretty sure it's owned by Scott from SAS. Wazza made some decent pies but his restaurant won't be opening again. Wazza has been hinting at opening a bakery this winter which hopefully will have pies. You can buy Villi's pies (an Aussie brand) at M-Pocket in Kutchan.

Originally Posted By: 2pints,mate
I just thought I would start a new (light-hearted) thread to further the UK vs Austrlia pies debate ( here ) to see if there were many good pies on offer in Niseko?

\:D

The pies in Hakuba are better. Much bigger apparently with a lot more meat.
 Originally Posted By: soubriquet
Good grief. It's more an indication of cultural impoverishment lol.gif

Do they have to import little squeezy packets of tomato sauce, or are they locally sourced?

I have seen the ones here that have half sauce and half mayo. Not good for a four,n,twenty
 Originally Posted By: thursday
you people don't belive in "when in Rome..." do you?

Stuff your pies, have some sushi and Hokkaido crab and Hokkaido potatoes and miso ramen and Sapporo beer.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?

Mate, I whole heartedly agree with you but to come to the defence of the good ol' aussie battler!, How many times I've been OS and have been with Japanese people that are on 3 farking dayz holiday have the need to go to a Japanese restaurant is beyond me! whassupwiddat?

Aussies are just a later generation of "Brits Abroad". If you have ever had the (mis)fortune of going to some popuar Spanish Costa in the height of Summer, you still get to see what the original, coarser Brit Abroad looks like. Look out for ppl who are a pinky-red hue, wearing Union Jack shorts, pint of lager in hand, eating sausage egg and beans and reading the Daily Star. Sometimes the call of these interesting animals can be heard late into the night...."Ingurland, Ingurland, Inguuuuurlaaaaaand!!!"