• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or something like....

FT in trendy outerwear will be a fish out of water?

or...

perfectly suited to the goldfish bowl of Japanese resort fashion.

or...

FT should snowboard in those, cos he's old, so he could do stalefish grabs.

omg, it's time to go home. I'll get my coat.

Went to Tokyo Dome Saturday as there was a big sports sale of brand goods.

Got some new stocks and goggles which I needed, couldn't get the boots I wanted as they only had up to 29.5cm, so will have to go to Victoria for them.

They had loads of snow gear, including boards, skiis, all the clothing and accesaries too.

Anyone else go?

Well not long now before we can all try out our new gear. There is going to be so much snow this year, yippee.

63 000 sounds like a decent price (they tend to be listed for 66 000), there's not a lot of discount on AT boots unless they are old model years.

The Endorphin looks sweet. The new Shaman looks like a waste. No walk mode, ridiculous price. May as well use alpine boots.

Slow, my winter hasn't really started yet. We had some snow in October that was followed by bad weather. It's snowing now and for the next few days and I'm hoping next weekend will be the first outing. This weekend is for getting ahead on school work.

I'm changing to an AT setup this year and need to buy some gear. Have decided on Naxo's for the bindings. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get good prices in Hokkaido or Tokyo?

I need AT boots too, I haven't even started looking at those, I see Garmonts discussed, what are some other good brands?

no.

buy the boot that fits!!!

i settled on the Garmont Adrenalin after trying at least a dozen styles.

all the brands will have fairly close models in terms of stiffness, weight and price. so once you know what type of boot you want, try all the offerings that you can.

Ewok,

AT binding brands:

Fritschi

Naxo

Marker Duke

Dynafit (needs compatible boot)

Silvretta