This is shaping up to be one of our best seasons. I just got back from a few days down there and it was the best I've seen it in a while. Low temps like -12deg. are keeping things firm and dry.

We have even had some power ankle deep. \:\)

ta1000932.jpg

ho1000874.jpg

2267a.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it might actually be a Wallaby.

Yes that is Feathertop. Sorry about the shoulder \:\(

These aren't my photos, just some that I randomly plucked from the net to make Oz snow look better than it actually is. \:D

Damm it it's expensive down there. Japan for me next year. You cant beat the value. thumbsup.gif

Originally Posted By: Mantas

These aren't my photos, just some that I randomly plucked from the net to make Oz snow look better than it actually is. \:D

I feel cheated and violated \:\(

:drooooool:

Yeah Mantas. Twice \:\) First time it was pissing down and we were on slush, and second time it was puking its guts out and visibility was so bad that we only really got to stay on one short run. I think it was Buller the second time, but can't remember where the first time was. But really I hadn't seen any real snow before Japan. The second time in Aus was 3 years ago.

Originally Posted By: SirJibAlot
TJ,
Did you close up and head to Aus for the summer?

I took a few weeks off and went back to Oz and a side trip to Thailand in May. I'm living in Hakuba and loving it. It certainly is a great lifestyle. Last week I went canoeing on Aoki ko, canyoning near Tsugaike and horse riding in Matsumoto. More horse riding later this week, a spot of fishing and I just picked up a couple of golf clubs to have a hit at the local driving range. I get down the gym most days also and I'm thinking of getting a surfboard. Oh yeah I am also working. Hotel is quiet but next years warmer months should be ok. Drop into town sometime.

Snow in Aus - still seems a wierd concept to me. Supposed to be nice and sunny and desertified.

But...I believe that this is good news for 07-08 in Japan, because a good southern hemisphere season means loadsa snow for us from November onwards...

hopefully